Post Thanks / Like
    I decided to pick up some of the Meguiars Ultimate Compound and Ultimate Polish based on poisitve reviews I have read on some of the forums. I tested them both out on a junk test pannel I have, and was surprised at the results I got by hand alone at removing scratches and swirling. It almost seemed too good to be true with hand use alone. Even though it got rid of the scratches and swirling, it left some hazing. I then went with the Meguiars Ultimate Polish, and this seemed to make it about 80% better. There is still some light scratches going the direction in which I made the passes, and the finishh still looks a little hazy to me. I tried both a few more times thinking it was my technique or over application of product, but the results didn`t really improve. Maybe using the PC 7424 will do a better job instead of going by hand

After using both of these products I did a wipedown with the Griots Garage Pre Wax Cleanser. It`s a citrus based product that is supposed to clean any kind of left over polishes or oils behind. I can`t really coment on its true effectiveness, since this is my first time using it and I didn`t have anymore IPA left to compare it to. After using the Griots Garage cleaner, the previous scratches before using the Ultimate Compoound did not seem to reappear. But I have had that happen before with other polishes in the past though even after a few IPA wipedowns, you think you have everything corrected only to find out after a heavy rain or wash to find the same defects back again, hidden by oils in the polish.

For those that have used the Ultimate Compouund or Ultimate Polish, have you all found either one of these products to contain any fillers or residual oils that temporarily mask defects on the surface? I`d like to know this before actually using it on a vehicle

Post Thanks / Like
    UC is good, lays somewhere between M105 and M205 in cutting ability. UP is definitely a finishing polish and it is labeled as a glaze, so there are fillers in it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe UC has more cut by machine, becuase by hand it felt oily and didn`t feel like it was doing anything

Post Thanks / Like
    UC and UP where made for the avg joe who doesn`t own a DA. I`ve seen some people who post online get fantastic results with the product so maybe you where using to much and working it in long enough?

Thread Information