Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, follow Superbee`s advice. I ditched all my Zaino and ended up buying another supply of it. Lookswise, I haven`t found anything that beats it, especially on lighter colored metallics. In fact I need to see how Z8 works on top of FK1000P.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    I thought I was getting hard water etching with Z2 but I tested it against NXT, KSG and 845, it was actually much better at resisting hard water etching with 845 being the worst. I`ve secured something that should act as a synthetic bird poo and plan on testing with that, I just need to get a few scrap panels.

I think the CS might be the saving grace. I don`t get etching if I keep up with the Z6, but bare Z2 is the pits for me.

I`m so glad you posted this - with all the praise 845 gets on various detailing forums, I thought I was the only one having water spotting issues! It`s the reason why I`m not using 845 right now - sure, it lasts a fair while, but when you`re in the middle of the rainy season (which, in our tropical country, lasts over half the year), the water spotting just drives you insane. I`ve had spotting with KSG as well - of the products I`ve used, so far what I`ve found to resist spotting best (in my admittedly limited experience) has been Opti-Seal.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by umi000
    I`m so glad you posted this - with all the praise 845 gets on various detailing forums, I thought I was the only one having water spotting issues! It`s the reason why I`m not using 845 right now - sure, it lasts a fair while, but when you`re in the middle of the rainy season (which, in our tropical country, lasts over half the year), the water spotting just drives you insane. I`ve had spotting with KSG as well - of the products I`ve used, so far what I`ve found to resist spotting best (in my admittedly limited experience) has been Opti-Seal.

Yeah, KSG was also pretty bad. I haven`t had the same issues with rain water though, only our hard tap water which is around 200-250ppm.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    Yeah, KSG was also pretty bad. I haven`t had the same issues with rain water though, only our hard tap water which is around 200-250ppm.

Heh, I`d love it if our rain was the same - I`m not surprised that our rain water is a fair bit worse than yours. The air quality in Manila is pretty poor, with a lot of industrial pollution from factories scattered haphazardly throughout the city (poor urban planning and insufficient emission controls and enforcement), car pollution from poorly maintained engines (surplus engines, cars, buses and trucks from Japan are pretty common here, as well as very old (20+ years) vehicles still in use by families who can`t afford to buy new cars), and dust and dirt from the various construction projects ballooning around the city. Add to this the fact that, unless there`s an actual tropical storm, the rain showers are, though frequent, usually brief, so that they drop the pollution from the air onto your car, but don`t last long enough to wash them off the vehicle. You`re then left with very dirty water that the tropical sun will gladly dry off your car for you, leaving you with baked-on spots that can be quite a pain to take off.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread Information