Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve got a black GMC Sierra pick-up and I am wondering how everyone here applies Z2 or Z5 to their applicator pads? I have struggled with streaks everytime I`ve tried Zaino. I know that with Ziano thin is in, and that high humidity can cause streaks. Typically Z6 or distilled water on a cotton towel won`t even get rid of the streaks, and I resort to having to wash again with Z7 to remove the streaks. In the past I have spritzed my pad with distilled water and applied Zaino in the shape of a N or an X and smooth it out with my finger. It seems my problems occur more right when I first start applying the product and after awhile it thins off of my pad enough to go on thinner. Any tips or ideas are greatly appreciated. I used to enjoy waxing and polishing my vehicles until I started using Zaino, but nothing makes my truck look better though....

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Z6 to spritz and dampen the applicator pad first then put the Z2 or Z5 on the pad. It goes on much easier and thinner so removal is easy. If you`re having a hard time removing try letting it setup a bit longer I usually let it set for at least 30 minutes and then it comes off pretty easy. Any remaining streaks is easily removed with Z6 and a MF towel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah...if you are having streaking problems it has to be overapplication or working in humid conditions. It can be finicky under less than optimal environmental conditions. Wiping down with z6 after fully cured should diminish the streaking. Washing with z7 also should. I really like the microfiber applicators for getting a nice thin coat down. I`m not a fan of the standard cotton applicators.

Post Thanks / Like
    Some questions:

-What are you washing the car with?

-Are you using ZFX?

-How much Z2/Z5 are you using? (should be less than 1/2oz per car).

Post Thanks / Like
    I do use ZFX and I`m gonna keep track of how much I use this next time. I will also use Z6 to dampen the applicator instead of water to see if that helps. Thanks again.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    I prefer foam pads with Zaino-helps with the thinness.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, you have to apply the new Zaino in low humidity, or it can be a PITA to get off. In my area the humidity can get and stay 80-95%. I let Z2 sit for 15 hrs one time and it never dried one bit. lol

Now the old Z2 I didn`t have this problem. Fwiw. I`ve been using ZAIO by itself and haven`t noticed any problems in the humidity, and can`t really tell much difference in the looks between it and Z2 and Z5.

Thread Information