Post Thanks / Like
    Back in the day (okay, only 6 years ago), I finished everything with the Klasse twins, and loved them.

I loved how KAIO added clarity, and gave a perfectly clean, crisp and slick surface on which to apply KSG. Water would just fall off.. and I loved running my fingers along the paint to feel how incredibly smooth and slick the car was. If anyone dared try to lean on or sit on the car, they would slide off suddenly, and never do it again.... and it lasted months! Bird stuff, rain spots, tar... all a million times easier to remove when falling on 3-6 layers of KSG.

And it was crystal clear. Flakes popped, the paint glowed.

So the question is, what today possesses those qualities that may actually outperform the Klasse twins in some way without major compromise? I`ve searched and lurked for days now, catching myself up with everything, but it`s not clear if there even is anything that does something similar?

Post Thanks / Like
    Werkstat Prime and Acrylic Jett are the modern day nano versions of the Klasse twins. Noticeably better depth too.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    Werkstat Prime and Acrylic Jett are the modern day nano versions of the Klasse twins. Noticeably better depth too.

+1 on that.

I think the WS products yield a superior finished product. Excellent longevity, too.

Ahheck, I`m a long-time Klasse twins and WS user. I`ve had excellent results with both product lines. Over the years I guess I`ve drifted to alternates like FK 215 followed by two applications of FK 1000p. The (FK 215 is comparable to KAIO.) While this is certainly not less effort compared to WS or Klasse, I feel it`s produces a nicer, prettier look. Many have fairly compared it to `adding another layer of clearcoat` to your paint. I`m just sharing this to give you a different idea that many have had great results with.

FWIW, that KAIO serves as an excellent "base" for many products. While I haven`t tried it myself cuz my bottle is long gone, I think the finished product (KAIO + 1000p) might take you into new territory

Enjoy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Q for you WS users- Do mutliple applications of the Jett provide the thick build-film one can get with KSG? I`ve just never used *any* LSP that comes close to it.

ahheck01- I too have been using FK1000P more and more, but IMO it`s not "better" than KSG, just different. OK, the FK1000P probablylooks better most of the time, but we all know how those sort of judgment calls are

I honestly think that the Klasse twins are still a viable option, and in many cases might still be about as good as it gets.

And yeah, KAIO, or ZAIO, topped with FK1000P is very, very good. But layering FK1000P just doesn`t seem to provide the thick, plasticy build-film that many layers of KSG result in. Sometimes that might be a good thing, but not, IMO, always.

Post Thanks / Like
    No idea if any product actually film builds but two thin layers of AJ is pretty bulletproof.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    No idea if any product actually film builds but two thin layers of AJ is pretty bulletproof.

The thing about the KSG that impressed me was that with enough layers (and I do mean at least six, so we`re talking "goofy numbers" here), the build-film can actually resist marring to an incredible extent. No, not to the point that people dream of, but enough that it caught my attention. I`ve simply *never* experienced this with any other LSP and it`s perhaps my primary reason for liking KSG.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    The thing about the KSG that impressed me was that with enough layers (and I do mean at least six, so we`re talking "goofy numbers" here), the build-film can actually resist marring to an incredible extent. No, not to the point that people dream of, but enough that it caught my attention. I`ve simply *never* experienced this with any other LSP and it`s perhaps my primary reason for liking KSG.
    Hmm, sounds great. So what are the drawbacks of KSG vs the Werkstatt products or FK1000p?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahheck01
    Hmm, sounds great. So what are the drawbacks of KSG vs the Werkstatt products or FK1000p?

Looks. KSG definitely has a wrapped in plastic look to me, Werkstat has a warmer, deeper appearance.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Plus, KSG doesn`t shed dirt/etc. as well as FK1000P.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks. KSG definitely has a wrapped in plastic look to me, Werkstat has a warmer, deeper appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Plus, KSG doesn`t shed dirt/etc. as well as FK1000P.

Does FK1000p have a warmer deeper appearance too?

Does Werkstat shed dirt as well as KF1000p?

Just trying to decide the right replacement...

Thread Information