Post Thanks / Like
    Quote: Originally Posted by Slickery

Now for the bad...

I haven`t had much issues with HD Poxy around moldings, but I have had problems with the plastic strips that dealers are putting on cars these days to avoid chips. The thin strips pull the HD Poxy out of the applicator and stain the edge just as shown in the picture. This occurred on every one of these strips I`ve used with HD Poxy.

I presume that the HD Poxy would cause the same problem on the edges of 3M like clear bra material. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Maybe someone from 3D would care to comment on this problem?

Thanks,

Kajunman

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t used Poxy yet but isn`t this the same with any liquid sealant? If you run your applicator over the edge of a clear bra some of the product will build up on the edge. If the product is at all finicky re: removal, it will be a pain to remove. So...don`t run the applicator over the leading edge of the clear film?
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Picus
    I haven`t used Poxy yet but isn`t this the same with any liquid sealant? If you run your applicator over the edge of a clear bra some of the product will build up on the edge. If the product is at all finicky re: removal, it will be a pain to remove. So...don`t run the applicator over the leading edge of the clear film?

I have used alot of sealants and never had the problem with staining not buildup as mention by Slickery.

Kajunman

Post Thanks / Like
    just a thought, put tape about a 1/4" over the edge of the bra, then when you`re done remove tape.

Post Thanks / Like
    Run too much product over the edge, thats what happens. Running the pad along the edge lightly with minimal product should help alleviate the problem.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kajunman
    I have used alot of sealants and never had the problem with staining not buildup as mention by Slickery.

Kajunman

HD Poxy is amazing product. A little goes along-way. Unlike other products you need very little to make great effect.

Post Thanks / Like

Kajunman

Ya sorry, I am probably confused about what you`re asking. I`ve never seen a sealant "stain" a clear film, I`ve seen buildup when improperly applied. Is there any chance the film he was working with had lifted the the poxy got underneath it? I do see what appears to be staining when a film lifts and dirt/wax/sealant get under it. Otherwise I must be completely out of my depth, because it seems life if a product was going to stain the edge of a film it`d stain the entire thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nevermind. I just read the other thread. That`s build up in a film edge, it is user error not product error. Don`t use so much product/don`t rub applicator over edge/remove properly and it will not happen.

Post Thanks / Like

Kajunman

Stop blaming the product. This is NOT staining. This is product buildup from overapplication and improper removal. Detailing 101 > chapter 1 > How to apply & remove synthetic sealants.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for your feedback.

Kajunman

Thread Information