Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Up to now, I was using the following products on my silver and white cars:

- Clay

- CG SPEED WIPE SPRAY & Streak Free QUICK SHINE

- Klasse All In One

- Werkstat Acrylic Jett Trigger and Acrylic Glos

- Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection

Trying to simply things and order some new products. Seems my UPP has gone bad as I have not used it in a while.

Would appreciate suggestions and feedback on any better recommendations to go with instead of using Klasse All In One, Werkstat Acrylic Jett Trigger and Acrylic Glos, and Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection.

Is Werstat`s Prime comparable to Klasse All In One? If so, was thinking of just using Prime and Acrylic Jett?

Also curious about the following: Mothers Reflections and Duragloss Aquawax when used along with Duragloss Total Performance Polish #105.

And still have heard 3D HD- Uno Auto Polish followed by 3D HD- Poxy produces amazing results, but not sure about it on light colors. And as for Meguiar`s #16?

Post Thanks / Like
    My favorite on white is Collinite 845IW. Megs #16. Its hard to say though without knowing what you really value most, durablity, ease of use, looks, etc. But 845 hits high on all those and is readily available.

Post Thanks / Like
    You could always top your UPP with a carnuaba like P21s/S100. That especially makes silver look really slick. :thumb:
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually never heard of Collinite 845IW. You recommending using that or Meg #16 or in addition to?

As for what I value most, I would say yes to all. Looking for the best all around with good value, some level of durability and easy to use and great looks. Might be asking for alot, but trying to simply from the products I currently am using.

Are you familiar with 3D HD- Uno Auto Polish followed by 3D HD- Poxy?

Quote Originally Posted by yakky
    My favorite on white is Collinite 845IW. Megs #16. Its hard to say though without knowing what you really value most, durablity, ease of use, looks, etc. But 845 hits high on all those and is readily available.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pinnacle Liquid Souverän. Absolutely stunning on white.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the suggestion; never used it before.

So you just use Pinnacle Liquid Souverän or combine it with anything else? Does it work well applied by hand?

Quote Originally Posted by 08xB
    Pinnacle Liquid Souverän. Absolutely stunning on white.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothasglass
    Actually never heard of Collinite 845IW. You recommending using that or Meg #16 or in addition to?

As for what I value most, I would say yes to all. Looking for the best all around with good value, some level of durability and easy to use and great looks. Might be asking for alot, but trying to simply from the products I currently am using.

Are you familiar with 3D HD- Uno Auto Polish followed by 3D HD- Poxy?

If you can find #16, go with that for sure, but 845 is a great sub. I`m very familiar with Uno and Poxy. Uno is hands down great. Poxy looks great but durablity and dirt retention have been issues for some.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmmm, decisions, decisions, so #16, Uno and Poxy, or Pinnacle Liquid Souverän. Any real difference with the results of these 3?

Uno is a polish, but would you need to use one with #16 and Pinnacle Liquid Souverän?

Was still thinking of keeping Klasse All In One when needed and then following it with one of the above suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the suggestion; never used it before.

So you just use Pinnacle Liquid Souverän or combine it with anything else? Does it work well applied by hand?

After I am done washing and or correcting, I apply it by hand. I put it over Menzerna Power Lock and it looks fantastic. It`s kind of pricey, But it`s my go to LSP for white or silver.

Post Thanks / Like
    What qualities do you want to consider a wax or sealant the "best" on those colors?

The best combination of looks and durability would be either Optimum Opti-Seal + Optimum Car Wax or Collinite 476 + Optimum Car Wax. Both OS and 476 will have a great look on their own and have excellent durability, adding OCW on top adds very noticeable wetness, and in the case of 476, makes it shed dirt easier. 476 beads like crazy but the beads tend to stick to the paint, even when going 40-50 mph. Topping with OCW and you still get the great beading but the beads fly off faster and washing is a bit easier.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Uno is a polish, but would you need to use one with #16 and Pinnacle Liquid Souverän?

If your car is in great shape and you only want to add shine and protection, go with Poxy, #16, or Souveran. If you want to remove scratches, oxidation, or swirls, go with a polish such as Uno and finish up with one of the waxes you mentioned.
    3D and HD Professional Detailing Products

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmmm, decisions, decisions, so #16, Uno and Poxy, or Pinnacle Liquid Souverän. Any real difference with the results of these 3?

Was still thinking of keeping Klasse All In One when needed and then following it with one of the above suggestions.

Honesly, you`ll get _WAY_ more shine from a polish than you will any of the mentioned waxes. If you haven`t used a polish to perfect your finish, that is where you will notice a difference. Most of the suggested products will be great, but the polish will take it to the next level.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not familiar with Menzerna Power Lock either. So you use Menzerna Power Lock and then Pinnacle Liquid Souverän. After the initial application, do you then apply additional applications of Pinnacle Liquid Souverän or use Menzerna Power Lock and then Pinnacle Liquid Souverän each time?

Quote Originally Posted by 08xB
    After I am done washing and or correcting, I apply it by hand. I put it over Menzerna Power Lock and it looks fantastic. It`s kind of pricey, But it`s my go to LSP for white or silver.

Post Thanks / Like
    Best all around with good value, some level of durability and easy to use and great looks. How does the Optimum line compare to #16, Uno and Poxy, or Pinnacle Liquid Souverän?

Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    What qualities do you want to consider a wax or sealant the "best" on those colors?

The best combination of looks and durability would be either Optimum Opti-Seal + Optimum Car Wax or Collinite 476 + Optimum Car Wax. Both OS and 476 will have a great look on their own and have excellent durability, adding OCW on top adds very noticeable wetness, and in the case of 476, makes it shed dirt easier. 476 beads like crazy but the beads tend to stick to the paint, even when going 40-50 mph. Topping with OCW and you still get the great beading but the beads fly off faster and washing is a bit easier.

Post Thanks / Like
    My 2009 White MINI is in excellent condition so between something like #16, Uno and Poxy, or Pinnacle Liquid Souverän, would u just go with a polish like Uno or just one product such as Pinnacle Liquid Souverän or Menzerna Power Lock Polymer Paint Sealant and Pinnacle Liquid Souverän? Trying to keep it as simple as possible with as few products as possible. Have used UPP mostly up to now with claying twice a year or so then following it with Klasse All In One and using Werstat Acrylic Jett: Trigger and Glos in between.

Guess where I am confused on is whether to always use a polish and following it with a wax or synthetic sealant or solely use some type of polish?

Quote Originally Posted by yakky
    Honesly, you`ll get _WAY_ more shine from a polish than you will any of the mentioned waxes. If you haven`t used a polish to perfect your finish, that is where you will notice a difference. Most of the suggested products will be great, but the polish will take it to the next level.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information