Post Thanks / Like
    Car is a black 94 Mustang nice weather only but occasionally get stuck in rain. Drag raced about once a month.

Current combo is poorboys 2.5 for deep scratches, megs #80 for swirls, Red Machine glaze, NXT 2.0, and P21s

I`m a long time user of NXT sealant (with p21s over it). Have never been overly impressed with the longevity of NXT (but love its shine) and wouldn`t mind something better to try.

Secondly, my wheels and probably 60% of my engine surfaces are raw polished aluminum and would like to know what a good protectant is for preserving the shine. Right now I give it all 1-2 hits of mother`s billet polish at the beginning of the season and find that the shine fades after about two months or less. Would love to only have to polish once a year.

Thoughts?
    -Dale

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    My favorite synthetic sealant is Blackfire Wet Diamond. It is very user-friendly (friendlier, I think, than NXT) and leaves behind a slick finish that looks a bit more like a carnauba wax than sealant. I think you`ll find it is also more durable than NXT. Blackfire has also formulated a paste wax to be used in combination with Wet Diamond--Midnight Sun. I have topped WD on my black S2K with Fuzion and Midnight Sun. The car looked great with both; but quite honestly, I think that BWD stands well on its own.

But there are plenty of very good synthetic sealants available. I`ve heard good things about Menzerna Powerlock and Duragloss 105, for example.

I also love Finish Kare 1000p, which acquitted itself exceptionally well this past winter on my wife`s CR-V. Its reputation for durability is well deserved. I do have have any experience topping 1000p with a wax, but I can`t think of a good reason why it cannot be done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking of Blackfire Wet Diamond, I`m intrigued by their aluminum compound,polish and sealant. I`d like to *really* brighten up my A4`s undercarriage heat shields. I can imagine what they can do to billet. :cool1:
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    You can go several ways here:

1. BFWD is a great product that it looks good, and in my opinion, doesn`t need anything else on top of it. This product needs a 24 hour cure window before you can top it with something else or apply a second coat of the product.

2. If you want ease of use, you might want to go with Optimum Opti-Seal, and top it with Optimum Car Wax, which is a spray, but that combo is super user friendly. Use Opti-Seal first, takes a couple of minutes to apply it, since it`s a Wipe-On, Walk Away(WOWA) product, and let it cure for an hour(8 hours would be better) and spray it then with Optimum Car Wax. Then walk back and enjoy the shine.

3. For correction, you can`t go wrong with Optimim Hyper Polish, Compund and final Polish, and to add a bonus, these products have a very, very long working time with the PC.

4. Optimum also has a Metal Polish, but not sure how is it, since I have never used it. But you can top it with a wheel sealant, and it should work good for you.

Hope this helps you a little

Joey
    Owner of Major Auto Works. Serving the eastern half of Puerto Rico :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll look into the BFWD, sounds great.

Need some more recommendations for brands of aluminum sealant please I`ll research the metal sealant made by the same manufacturer as BDWD, but other recommendations are accepted! How about ZoopSeal? I know what they promise but do not know a single person who has used it.
    -Dale

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like BFWD, but if you like the looks of NXT, that is not the way to go. BFWD is a sealant that matches the look of a good wax. Its very easy to use and durable. However, if you like NXT, you like amped up looks. HD Poxy will give you those looks and Zaino Z2 is another good option. Poxy is a decent swirl hider, Z2 is not.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the look of NXT so I bought some Megs Ultimate Wax and found that it is the easiest wax to remove I have ever tried. You might consider the UW. I am going to buy some 3D Poxy today so can`t comment on that yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you like the look of NXT, Proxy has a very similar look but better durability. Optimum`s Metal polish not only polishes but lays down protection as well.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve put down Collinite 476s, FK1000P, and S100 (P21S), on aluminum to keep their shine longer. Since you`re talking engine surfaces, I`d go with FK1000P since it has a melting point about a hundred degrees higher than the others. Hopefully someone else will chime in about using wax on aluminum - I`d hate for you to try it and have an issue, but I`ve done it over the last few years on wheels and miscellaneous engine parts without any issues. It seems to keep it cleaner longer, and makes it easier to hose off and hit with a quick detail spray, which preserves the polish some.

Post Thanks / Like
    +1 on the BFWD. I would suggest applying the gloss enhancing polish/glaze beforehand to clean the NxT off and darken/wet the paint. Also maintain with their spray sealant detailer, makes it last a lot longer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    If you like the look of NXT, Proxy has a very similar look but better durability. Optimum`s Metal polish not only polishes but lays down protection as well.

I think Poxy looks closer to the new UW. To my eyes, NXT has a more thick clear-coat look while UW and Poxy looks more `wet`.

Thread Information