Post Thanks / Like
    the weather is finally nice so i decided to do a spring cleaning before it got too hot. spent 5 hours stripping old product off, tried to do a clay bar but to my surprise it really didnt need it, a few spots. then i used autoglym polish and sealant by hand and autoglym had wax.

i have experience with the wax and know it lasts about a month, what about the sealant? how long should i expect this to last for? i hear it lasts longer and it was definitely easier to use, how come people dont seal their car over waxing it?

how long could the sealant last by its self without the wax?

i was debating not waxing it but i figure it would be great for extra durability and it really makes the paint look wet.

Post Thanks / Like
    No way to really answer you question any other way than by saying "it depends". Is the car parking in a garage at night? During the day at work? Any heavy industry nearby? How do you wash your car and how often? Do you park regularly under trees? Near sprinklers? There are just too many variables to say product X will last Y months. It lasts as long as it lasts. When the beading characteristics change, time to reseal. Note how long that took and then use that interval to plan resealing the paint regularly.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    id say on average.

i drive 2k a month, definitely a lot of fall out, city, railroads etc.

never garaged, washed weekly maybe 2x a week

the sealant lasts longer than the wax right?

Post Thanks / Like
    Not always. Some waxes like Collinite`s are very durable and I`ve found carnaubas tend to offer better protection against bird bombs. Durability and protection don`t always go hand in hand. Just because a product is still on the paint doesn`t mean it is protecting it very well. Best thing to do is find the wax or sealant whose looks you like best and use it as often as needed. I wouldn`t get too caught up in layering or topping, just find the look you like and maintain as needed.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lbcsublime9
    i was debating not waxing it but i figure it would be great for extra durability and it really makes the paint look wet.

If you like the different look that the wax imparts, then OK. But otherwise I`d rather stick with just the sealant and add more from time to time. Now that you`ve done the waxing, you can`t add more sealant without stripping things back (which the SRP, which I assume you mean by "Autoglym polish", oughta do OK).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    ... Some waxes like Collinite`s are very durable and I`ve found carnaubas tend to offer better protection against bird bombs..

I`m really curious to hear how the 476S works out for you. And yeah, that`s one that works well against the bird bombs.

Thread Information