Post Thanks / Like
    Just noticed this stuff on one of the detail stuff websites I order from. Not quite sure what to make of it. Seems to be an interior sealant that kills odor causing bacteria but I t`ain`t sure. Any users? Anybody know what the heck it is?

Post Thanks / Like
    Be very careful of all these kinda products.

They are mostly of Taiwanese, Chinese or Korean origin, and if you`ve been observing these countries very closely, they love to produce loads of innovative, "high price per application" products that combat odours.

Odour control products are HUGE money in these Asian countries. These treatments are normally accompanied by a "marketing story" that sounds too good to be true, and almost always.....it carries that over-used buzzword NANO xxxxxx . :nod::nod:

Originally, this was meant to be an "interior coating".

It`s supposed to be sprayed using a spray gun to cover every inch of the car`s interior (except the glass). This is positioned as an innovative novelty service, and hence, carry a hefty price tag. Once treated, the activated silver particles are supposed to neutralise any odours and it works especially well when interior is exposed to sunlight.

Issues:

1. Compatibility with interior surfaces:

Over the long term, with sun exposure, will it affect the vinyl and other substrates?

2. Irritation/Allergenic issue

Some of my friends have experienced intense itching and rashes as you remain confined within your car`s treated/coated interior, and is subjected to direct contact with the treated surfaces, and inhalation of any lingering airborne particles.

Now, with the dwindling popularity of these services, they have to diversify from the professional-detailer application market, and start targetting the DIY market+commercial buildings

Hence, much cheaper forms of this product have been made available:

1. Packaged in aerosol cans.

2. Incorporated into small little "mats" that you can place on top of your dashboard or anywhere inside your car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cptzippy
    Just noticed this stuff on one of the detail stuff websites I order from. Not quite sure what to make of it. Seems to be an interior sealant that kills odor causing bacteria but I t`ain`t sure. Any users? Anybody know what the heck it is?

When I had some, it wasn`t a coating, it was a spray air freshener. Claims to be a coating now, which is strange. SoPure
    BespokeCarDetailing and AeroCleanse, LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve read some very positive reviews on another forum. I`m still on the fence about getting into the coating products, but, this company would be my choice.
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Thread Information