Post Thanks / Like
    I am trying to wash my car weekly in the quickest and easiest way possible while avoiding swirls as much as possible.

To me this made sense but some ONR gurus might have better input

soak the car in QD strength ONR

wash off with hose and try to remove as much dirt as possible

ONR wash the car and rinse each panel and dry with the hose as I go around the car.

or.... would i be better off just using the 2 bucket method with traditional soap?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t have a foam gun and really like the "slickness" and protection that ONR leaves

Optimum Product Support Chris@Optimum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The ONR presoak is unnecessary if rinsing first because ONR requires agitation. Just rinse it then pull it inside to ONR. The only thing you may need at certain times of year is Power Clean for bugs and lower panels before the ONR.

Sent from my ViP4 viaTapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Whole purpose of ONR is to not have to rinse your car at all. Unless it is absolutely caked in filth, there is no need to pre-rinse.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dairyman
    I am trying to wash my car weekly in the quickest and easiest way possible while avoiding swirls as much as possible.

To me this made sense but some ONR gurus might have better input

soak the car in QD strength ONR

wash off with hose and try to remove as much dirt as possible

ONR wash the car and rinse each panel and dry with the hose as I go around the car.

or.... would i be better off just using the 2 bucket method with traditional soap?

Wouldn`t this take longer than a traditional wash? Even with ONR, you`re going to be mixing up a bucket of solution, going over every panel, and drying with a MF. So if you`re going to rinse anyway, just do a regular wash. Skip the ONR presoak.

If you want to stay rinseless, no need for presoak. Just ONR, wipe with MF, done. You could keep some ONR at detail level and give a couple of sprays just behind the wheels where it typically gets dirty.

ONR washing is faster for me because I do less, not really because the process takes less time. Mixing solution, wiping a panel, drying - all of those are things that happen either way. Rinsing takes maybe a 5-10 minutes. But when I get my car outside for a full wash, I typically treat the tires, do the glass, wipe down door jams, etc - I`m adding extra steps so my time goes up. I don`t do that stuff for a quick ONR wipedown.

Post Thanks / Like
    KInda like what Scott says- if you`re rinsing, then go ahead and wash it normally and dry it. The point (as I understand it since I`m NOT an ONR guy) is to eliminate the hose.
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a two sided bucket and put ONR in both sides (weaker in the side I rinse my grout sponge) and then wash the whole car before drying with a waffle weave towel. I then wash my wheels and tailpipes using costco microfiber towels. The whole process (including cleaning and putting away my sponge and buckets) takes 20 minutes.....could do it in 15 minutes if I am in a real hurry. I have been washing this way for years and don`t have any wash induced marring.

Post Thanks / Like
    I spray the sides and lower panels with QD strength ONR before I start an ONR wash. I figure, it can`t hurt.

Thread Information