Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking of using this soap in my foam gun and after in my two bucket hand wash to help clean the paint before claying(followed by a rinse) and then adding Opti-seal.

I did a SEARCH I know I can just use dawn but I rather try this stuff out. Seems like some use this as a car wash soap others in foam guns and some as paint cleansers???

I heard it works great on wheels...

During the serach I also read that a few people add 1 ounce of ONR to their reg. wash bucket soap solution for improved lubricity?????

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you looking for a stripper or a weekly car wash product?

If I were in SoCal, I`d be looking for the gentlest product for weekly washing...
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tom p.
    Are you looking for a stripper or a weekly car wash product?

If I were in SoCal, I`d be looking for the gentlest product for weekly washing...

Im looking for a stripper I am going to use Optimum car wash soap for weekly washing, but after doing the search I found many use it on a regular basis especially when the car is very dirty as long as you follow the manf. dillution ratio they say its ok????

Post Thanks / Like
    Read more. Post less.

It all depends on the dilution. It is good for both daily washing and stripping protection as well at the right dilutions (they are on the bottle).

Post Thanks / Like
    if you are looking for a single-purpose stripper, I`d take a look at a product we buy at Home Depot called Spray 9. You can get a qt or a gallon and it would be far more economical than the alternatives. It is very effective and a tip shared by one of the pros here. It really works and doesn`t cause spotting.

I guess any soap, in strong enough concentration, has some ability to strip. Citrus-based products, more so.

I also use the Optimum car wash during the better weather. I find it to be fabulous in the foam gun. I`ve never tried it in a super-concentrated form to see if it will strip (I think this is what you are suggesting??).
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like
    i would opt for the citus wash clear instead as opposed to the citrus wash & gloss which has glossing agents in it...

Post Thanks / Like
    If I use it as a stripper, is it ok to use my weekly washing media or do I need to use different washing media? As for the foam gun I guess it will have to be OK I dont have a spare foam gun?

Does anyone doing a traditonal wash use ONR in their wash bucket solution for added lube/gloss/paint slickness???

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, the weekly media is fine. All that`s changing is the dilution of the product, it won`t ruin anything. Yes, the foam gun can handle car wash shampoo as well.

Yes, some people add ONR if that tickles their fancy, but if you`re using a high quality wash in the first place it will be plenty slick.

Post Thanks / Like
    all this talk about strippers...

Post Thanks / Like
    CGCWG is all I ever use as far as traditional car shampoo goes. I use Prep Wash from HERE half and half with CGCWG in the foam gun when doing prep washes before polishing work. I also use it in a spray bottle to take care of bugs, etc. if necessary before a regular wash. Otherwise it`s CGCWG as a car wash for regular 2-bucket method and ONR for rinseless washes.

As far as adding ONR, etc. you`ll find millions of tricks online that people experiment with on a daily basis. If it doesn`t sound like anything will blow up, go ahead and try it and see if it works for you. ONR mixed with CGCWG would be one such experiment... you simply know nothing bad can come of it, so try it and see how YOU like it. Same thing with mixing polishes to extend work time, increase cut, etc. Now if you read how someone does a headstand and polishes with a rotary using their feet... well you get the point.
    <p class="bbc_center">Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">(773) 715-4198</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">info@lustrdetail.com</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">www.LUSTRDetail.com
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LUSTR
    CGCWG is all I ever use as far as traditional car shampoo goes.

:thumb:

Although I use 3 or 4 products I like for washes CW&G is my go-to when things are really cruddy. It`s exceptional lubricity and suds are a bonus for that type of application.

As far as adding ONR, etc. you`ll find millions of tricks online that people experiment with on a daily basis. If it doesn`t sound like anything will blow up, go ahead and try it and see if it works for you. ONR mixed with CGCWG would be one such experiment... you simply know nothing bad can come of it, so try it and see how YOU like it

I added ONR to a CWG wash today for a gritty, cruddy winter wash. Spritzed things down with a sprayer with ONR at QD strength beforehand. Really made the mitt glide nicely without the gritty grinding that can be experienced with a salted up, winter-dirty car.

TL

Post Thanks / Like
    IMO ONR in a tradition wash is a waste. The car wash solution has more lubrication than ONR....(experiment with claying)

I use DAWN for a stripping agent...its cheap and works really well! I pre-rinse the car, and then wash a section, then "re-wash" that section lightly to let more soap dwell on the paint, then rinse the whole car, then sheet, then dry. if you try to rub your hand on the paint, it gets stuck. = no more protection and bare paint. I have done IPA and prep sol wipedowns after a dawn wash and nothing changed so I know everything was gone!

Post Thanks / Like
    is the preference towards CGCWG because it`s cheaper than the cgcw? or is it generally betteR?
    Decades ago, Accumulator sneezed on a car. The owner noticed that his car was imbued with something today this substance is called clear coat.

Thread Information