Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone tried this? How does it work? Do people like it more than ONR? It would alleviate having to get the buckets out. Does anyone notice any scratching?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve only seen the ads in some of the car mags. I can`t imagine it is particularly cost effective. I`ve tried a few waterless washes and while they do work on light to moderately dirty cars, it takes several ounces to get the job done. Don`t know how well it would work on fenderwells either. :nixweiss
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    jw- I don`t like to comment on stuff I haven`t used, but somebody here (who *was* it?!? Maybe BlackSunshine..) tried it and thought it streaked too readily IIRC. Whatever the details, he wasn`t favorably impressed with it.

I sometimes think about these products as I have friends who could really use such an approach on their vehicles, but if I were gonna try/recommend one, I think I`d lean towards something other than the Griot`s (much as I like to send business Richard`s way).

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Freedom. I`ve never heard of Griots nor have wanted to try anything but Freedom

Post Thanks / Like
    I got Griots Garage spray on car wash for christmas. I finally have a little time to try and use it. Any advice or feedback before I subject my car to it? Very few reviews about it online anywhere. My plan is to do a coin op light wash to remove the majority of the salt and grime followed by this stuff in my warmer garage at home. Griots website tutorial below recommends not letting it dry and wiping it completely off to prevent streaking.

Waterless Spray-On Car Wash - Cleaners - Car Washing - Car Care - Griot`s Garage

The other popular solution for winter time car washing would have been ONR, which I may do if this doesn`t end up working. Any advice appreciated for this newbie. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jw
    Has anyone tried this? How does it work? Do people like it more than ONR? It would alleviate having to get the buckets out. Does anyone notice any scratching?

I have tried several WCW. ONE from CG , Adams and opticlean. All work excellent and for me no scratching or marring. But with ONR being so easy to use I would use that . I use ONR 99% of the time.

If i get a new product and have only driven my car a few times ( always in garage) I will use a WCW and then try a new product. You have a trade of a bucket or two of water or a bunch of mf`s.

Post Thanks / Like
    :wavey Nice memory! It was me, and it made such an unfavorable impression on me that I didn`t even finish the original bottle. For a waterless wash, I would recommend Adam`s Waterless Wash. It has worked great IME.

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    jw- I don`t like to comment on stuff I haven`t used, but somebody here (who *was* it?!? Maybe BlackSunshine..) tried it and thought it streaked too readily IIRC. Whatever the details, he wasn`t favorably impressed with it.

I sometimes think about these products as I have friends who could really use such an approach on their vehicles, but if I were gonna try/recommend one, I think I`d lean towards something other than the Griot`s (much as I like to send business Richard`s way).

Post Thanks / Like
    BlackSunshine- Hey :wavey Sorta scary all the Autopian stuff I have rattling around in my head!

Oh, I`m *still* using up my old EF Clear Pearl QD

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    BlackSunshine- Hey :wavey Sorta scary all the Autopian stuff I have rattling around in my head!

Oh, I`m *still* using up my old EF Clear Pearl QD

Too funny! I have strayed almost completely from carnauba so I`ve been using lots of Adam`s/Zaino/UQD.

Thread Information