Post Thanks / Like
    I am about to buy a generator for my mobile side of business, and i was looking at a 6.5hp, 3000watt generator. Is this enough to power a Mytee Lite carpet extractor??

Thanks!
    Sidewerks Auto Detailing

Serving Northern VA/DC/MD

Post Thanks / Like
    Doesn`t the heater in the Mytee`s use 1000 watts alone? If so, that doesn`t leave much for the vacuum and the pump. If you have the owners manaual to your Mytee see what the heater, pump and vacuum use for wattage and make sure your generator easily can handle all three. My guess is that 3000 watts is really pushing it and you may need to go higher.

Also what some generators advertise as their wattage is the PEAK wattage rather than the prolonged wattage. Check on that also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, depends on whether you use the heater. My Honda EU2000 can power my vacuum, polishers, and carpet extractor individually with no problem. The extractor I use has 2 circuits, one for heating and one for vac/pump, so I just plug heat it into a house circuit or not use heat.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Amperage is the key. I have Mytee HP100 & I use a Honda gx 5000 generator. 20 amp circuit is the one with a leg on the hot side, or has a "Hubble" connector like an electric jack hammer. The extractor I have draws 19 amps. So don`t run anythin g else on it too ie lights fans etc. I had to replace circuit breakes as I had air compressor running too & wasn`t paying attention. Having an air blower in one hand & extractor wand in the other is how I like to play...so in my opinion, get something bigger. :0)

Post Thanks / Like
    I really have no idea about the power. I am using a high performance carpet cleaner from Daimer & its working perfectly. It maintaines power automatically.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a honda en2500 with 2500 watts peak and it allows me to run the pump/heater/vac on my mytee lite 2 alone with no problems. Just make sure you dont have anything else hooked up and running.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use a craftsman 5600 10hp.It powers my VX5000,Polisher,Vac,lighting and so on all at once if needed.I have no mytee yet but something coming soon.

I`m new here,hello everyone!

Thread Information