Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve come to the understanding that GENERALLY, waxes and stuff like that are actually fine to leave out in the garage in freezing temperatures as long as the temp doesn`t drastically change

WATER based car products are more to be wary of (or so I`ve read?)

Now, I have no idea how valid those claims are but I was just curious....

What products in your arsenals do you grab and bring in during the freezing months?

In other words, which products would you refuse to allow to freeze (and thaw in the spring)

I grabbed my collinite waxes, IPA bottles, menzerna 85rd, and 303 aerospace...

stared at my megs hyper dressing, m105/205..well for some reason figured to be expendable?

left my stoner`s sprays outside and car soap

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

After hearing from the manufacturer`s leaving the ONR, hyper compound/polish sprays outside.

The P21S stuff is coming in (my garage is detached from the house so it gets ice cold)

Post Thanks / Like
    I say why risk it, products are so expensive. Throw everything in those cheap plastic storage boxes and bring them inside. I actually did that anyways for my products and towels, that way I`m not looking everywhere for stuff, it`s portable if it needs to be, and the towels stay clean and uncontaminated.

Post Thanks / Like
    problem is...there`s only so much room to put stuff--and people in my family are a bit anal about having stuff in the way...room issue is mainly because we had a death in the family and had to put a bunch of stuff where we normally would temporarily put our seaasonal stuff..so was just wondering...but i guess I`ll have to stow it under my bed or something and hope i don`t catch flack for it (lol i can`t even imagine this going well)

Post Thanks / Like
    They make those plastic bins that go under beds LMAO. Just shoot back, "I`m being responsible by taking care of these products and protecting them from going bad". I would check for leakages of bottles being stored on their sides, and maybe add saran wrap under the caps of bottles that look a little dodgy sealing wise.

Post Thanks / Like
    Window cleaners, APC, Degreasers and towels/brushes seem to do ok in the cold. Anything else comes inside.

Post Thanks / Like
    Even in the winter time my garage does not get close to freezing. At most the garage is in the 40s - plus my car runs hot so it really heats up the garage. So I don`t take in any of the stuff.
    2005 Pontiac GTP ---> 2008 BMW 535 xi

Post Thanks / Like
    If I had to guess, polishes, paint cleaners, glazes and liquid LSP`s are probably the things that would be harmed the most by freezing. I would definitely take those inside. Obviously your towels, buckets, applicators, brushes and such are fine to leave outside. I have heard frozen clay is fine once it defrosts but why risk it, clay is so small you could through it in a drawer if need be.

Post Thanks / Like
    hold on a sec... I thought that paste waxes were supposed to be kept cold so i have a mini fridge for them no matter what season... is that ok? or should i bring those in too?
    Originaly Posted by: camaro5ryan

CG customer service sucks... Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok so, like most people would, I contacted the Manufacturers... and this is what i got from P21S(TAW Wheel gel)

Dear Mr. Lee,

Thanks for your mail and purchase of P21S Products. Light frost will not damage the items you mentioned, but full freezing could. The symptoms are white flakes or pellets floating around in the bottle. You can pour some of each product into a glass and have a look. If you see this whitish residue, you can filter it out with a strainer. The products may have lost some efficacy, but may still be good enough for your purposes. For future reference, best is to store where the products will not freeze. Otherwise there are no special instructions for storage tether than to keep the bottles upright!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2005GTPinMD
    Even in the winter time my garage does not get close to freezing..

Same here, even the "regular garage" that I don`t keep comfortable the way I do the "shop garage".

Quote Originally Posted by nushine31223
    hold on a sec... I thought that paste waxes were supposed to be kept cold so i have a mini fridge for them no matter what season... is that ok?

The `fridge is supposed to keep them "cool", not "cold" as in freezing. And it`s not like most paste waxes need that anyhow, only ones like the higher-end Zymol stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    and from optimum (ONR, hyper comp/pol sprays)

Dear Mr. Lee:

Thank you for your email and using the Optimum Car Care products. None of the products you mentioned should have any issues with freezing and thawing.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Thanks again.

Best Regards,

David Ghodoussi

Post Thanks / Like
    Lol collinite guys kept it simple (845 476 915)

Dear Alex:

Store the product inside at room temperature, do not expose it to freezing temperatures

on thawing..

Dear Alex:

Yes, there`s a good chance that it could compromise the consistency of the product.

Post Thanks / Like
    AND Menzerna Writes

Hi Alex,

Polishing compound should be store at normal room temperature. It should be

kept from freezing. I would suggest a different location to leave the

polish.

Best regards,

Jeff Silver

m e n z e r n a USA

polishing compounds

213 Airport Executive Park

Nanuet, NY 10954

Tel: 845-352-5850

Fax: 845-425-1366

Menzerna USA: The World`s Finest Polishing Materials

HOOKED ON THE DETAILS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not letting any of my detailing products freeze. Period. I`ve invested too much in these products. Why take the risk?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information