Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    The time has come for me to detail my Detonator Yellow SRT-8 Superbee.

In the past I have used Collinite 845, Klasse AIO, S100, Meguiars 26, and Duragloss Aquawax which really brings out a shine/gloss in the paint....

I`m sure you all remember Superbee364 post-

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...xperience.html

as well as this post-

http://www.autopia.org/forum/click-b...-got-hemi.html

Both of these fine cars are identical to mine.

and this one-

http://www.autopia.org/forum/click-b...ellow-fit.html

These sealants are high on my list-

Ultima UPGP

Duragloss 105

Opti-seal

Finish Kare FK1000P

Like I has stated earlier I really like the look/ease of Duragloss Aquawax and uses DG901 car wash soap so I am sure DG105 would work great for me as well.

Now I know 99% of the shine is in the prep work beforehand and not the LSP but I still would like to hear everyone`s thoughts anyway.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Nanoskin Hydrophobic and SHIELD look great on yellow and the protection is amazing.

John

Post Thanks / Like
    I highly recommend adding Blackfire Wet Diamond to your list.

Post Thanks / Like
    you will like any of the ones you`ve listed. i have all of them accept the duragloss.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve never used Ultima or Opti-seal before. From what you have listed, I really like FK 1000P + Pink Wax or DG111 followed up with FK 425.

Post Thanks / Like
    Opti-Seal looks great on yellow, got a customer with a yellow Z06 with extensive clear bra coverage (he tracks the car) so not only does OS give it a nice wet shine, but there isn`t any build up along the edges of the clear bras.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fordf150
    I highly recommend adding Blackfire Wet Diamond to your list.

Never thought of BWD for a lighter color car,thought it was perferred for dark vehicles.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Easy and clear answer from me on this one. I had my yellow Mazda Protege 5 for 8 years. In those 8 years, I had the chance to try a *lot* of different LSP`s on it. That includes several on your list, such as FK 1000p, UPGP, and Opti-Seal.

Bottom line for me was that Opti-Seal simply looked the best overall. This included using various `nubas as well, and while the nubas looked very good, they did *not* look noticeably better to me than Opti-Seal did. So, when you consider how easy OS is to apply, and that it lasts longer than the `nubas, OS was definitely the way to go for me. It has very good depth for a sealant (better than UPGP and FK 1000p). It slightly darkens the paint (which is why I don`t really like it on silver) and gives yellow a very nice, rich glow.

Opti-Seal on yellow FTW!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JCturboT
    Never thought of BWD for a lighter color car,thought it was perferred for dark vehicles.

Jeff

I used it on my white vette and white tahoe. Makes white pop!

It does make dark vehicles (especially red) look great, but it works nicely for lighter colored vehicles as well; incredible shine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well that`s two votes for Opti-seal.

Thanks Scott & Rob.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    :think2:think2& two for Blackfire....

hmmmm

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Tomlin
    Easy and clear answer from me on this one. I had my yellow Mazda Protege 5 for 8 years. In those 8 years, I had the chance to try a *lot* of different LSP`s on it. That includes several on your list, such as FK 1000p, UPGP, and Opti-Seal.

Bottom line for me was that Opti-Seal simply looked the best overall. This included using various `nubas as well, and while the nubas looked very good, they did *not* look noticeably better to me than Opti-Seal did. So, when you consider how easy OS is to apply, and that it lasts longer than the `nubas, OS was definitely the way to go for me. It has very good depth for a sealant (better than UPGP and FK 1000p). It slightly darkens the paint (which is why I don`t really like it on silver) and gives yellow a very nice, rich glow.

Opti-Seal on yellow FTW!

Rob,

Was there something that changed your mind from post #70 to recommend Opti-seal over UPGP?

Just curious as I have read every post I could find regarding UPGP.

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...gp-work-6.html

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JCturboT
    Rob,

Was there something that changed your mind from post #70 to recommend Opti-seal over UPGP?

Just curious as I have read every post I could find regarding UPGP.

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...gp-work-6.html

Jeff

Hey Jeff-

Yes, those *initial* results with UPGP were very impressive. One thing that eventually became clear to me was the fact that UPGP looked very good immediately, while OS looks better after it has cured for a day (or more).

I found the gloss of UPGP to be very good, and again, the initial results were striking. But after living with it for awhile longer, I noticed that it didn`t seem to have the same depth as the OS did on the yellow paint. And that really is the main, and probably only, difference between the two in the looks department: depth.

I also mentioned in that post how UPGP was easier to apply than OS and I didn`t get streaks. Well, as it turned out, that was because of the MF applicator that came with the UPGP. Once I started using a MF applicator with OS as well, I no longer had any issues to speak of regarding streaks. I was using a sponge applicator with OS before.

This is all very subjective stuff, and there most certainly is not a major difference between OS and UPGP (or just about any LSP for that matter) but over the long term, I did feel that the OS looked better on yellow than the UPGP, despite being very impressed initially with UPGP.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are bent on a sealant, than BFWD is probably the best bet. I think yellow looks great when its deep and wet, not shiny. OS is not a bad choice if you want easy. If you liked the look of Megs 26, you`ll love BFWD. If you like blinding shine, go with FK1000P or Z2.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yakky
    If you are bent on a sealant, than BFWD is probably the best bet. I think yellow looks great when its deep and wet, not shiny. OS is not a bad choice if you want easy. If you liked the look of Megs 26, you`ll love BFWD. If you like blinding shine, go with FK1000P or Z2.

Yakky,

Not really hell bent on a sealant but the last two waxes I used (Collonite 845, S100) really didn`t have the "POP" I was after.

To be honest with you, the best look I have obtainted so far was with Duragloss Aquawax. The paint was deep, wet, and the Aqua Wax darkened my already dark Detonator Yellow paint.

I really love Aquawax.

Let me ask you guys this-which wax or sealant has properties like AW?

Jeff

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information