Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    i just recently bought lucas oil slick mist spray wax and was very impressed with the results. I used it on my wifes expedition and it`s been about two weeks and the finish is still really smooth, also it has rained since i first used it and it didn`t leave any dirt on the (white) finish i am looking for somthing for my black motorcycle , as good as the finish is w/the slick mist being an off the shelf product i figured there must be somthing better out there.

Post Thanks / Like
    We`ll I can give a glowing praise for Meguiar`s Ultimate Quik Wax, works great with any color. Leaves a very slick surface, and lasts even through several car washes. I just love this stuff because it is so easy to use and so versatile. Not only is it great for in between regular wax applications, but I use it on my exterior trim (No, it won`t stain) and believe it or not I even use it on the windshield. Yes, it works even better than rainX on the windshield. Another nice feature is that you can use it in full sun. Best $9.95 I think I ever spent.

FWIW

Post Thanks / Like
    Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax.

It is the only "quick detailer" kind of product that has made me want to buy 10 bottles at the same time without thinking twice. Easy to use, and noticeably impressive results.

I prefer UQW over UDQ.

UQW is simply great on black.

Awesome when used on top of Gold Class or NXT2 (assuming a well-prepped clearcoat)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gigondaz
    Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax.

It is the only "quick detailer" kind of product that has made me want to buy 10 bottles at the same time without thinking twice. Easy to use, and noticeably impressive results.

I prefer UQW over UDQ.

UQW is simply great on black.

Awesome when used on top of Gold Class or NXT2 (assuming a well-prepped clearcoat)

Yes, that is another nice thing in that UQW has the hydrophobic polymers in it, so if you are using a sealant to protect your cars paint, UQW used regularly is like using a booster and only prolongs your sealant application.

ONe note: the bottle looks similar and can sometimes be confused with another great Meguiars Product called Ultimate Quik Detailer (UQD). While in itself is a great product it doesn`t provide the protection of UQW. UQW must be applied to a clean car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Optimum Car Wax, its the only spray I`ve used that actually delivers results that compare to a real paste wax. It has a great, warm carnauba glow and it outlasts most traditional paste waxes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Any that contain carnauba.

Post Thanks / Like
    opti wax seems to be getting a lot of play these days...maybe i`ll give it a try..

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fordf150
    Yes, that is another nice thing in that UQW has the hydrophobic polymers in it, so if you are using a sealant to protect your cars paint, UQW used regularly is like using a booster and only prolongs your sealant application.

ONe note: the bottle looks similar and can sometimes be confused with another great Meguiars Product called Ultimate Quik Detailer (UQD). While in itself is a great product it doesn`t provide the protection of UQW. UQW must be applied to a clean car.

I`ve grabbed the wrong bottle,thinking it was uqw.Luckly I didn`t apply it on the car with the buffer.
    07 Grand Prix-black

member of the Four Door Mafia

Post Thanks / Like
    I would give OCW a try. I love it on my cars which are dark grey.
    2005 Pontiac GTP ---> 2008 BMW 535 xi

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GP guy
    I`ve grabbed the wrong bottle,thinking it was uqw.Luckly I didn`t apply it on the car with the buffer.

I can`t count how many times I`ve had to say the name to someone repeatedly so they don`t pick up the wrong product.:grinno:

Post Thanks / Like
    You can`t go wrong with either OCW or UQW, they`re both excellent. If I had to choose one, it would be OCW. Z8 is also excellent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dodo Juice Tropical Mist is amazing. You can even use it in the sun.

John

Post Thanks / Like
    DG Aquawax is great also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lawrencea
    DG Aquawax is great also.

I love AW, but IMO you have to preface the fact that it will give black a sealant type look, not a typical carnauba look. If you like the mirror type look on black, its great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fordf150

UQW`s bottle is actually smaller vs UQD`s bottle.

On black and dark colours, I simply love UQW. Mmmm......

Todate, I`ve used more than 20 bottles of UQW, and many of my customers have become addicted to it.

I did a simple blind test involving 6 diff similar products, and 5/6 of my customers liked the UQW look.

Yeah, it was a simple test. But even before I started using it, I saw a black car that impressed me everyday when I walk past it.

And the owner told me he uses Gold Class, and then UQW.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information