Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    ONR my car today. Wanted to use a quick detailer so I look at the dozen + detailers I have. So I have not used FK425 in a while. Started applying it and the fool proof detailer did it`s job. It is so easy to use while giving a nice slick glossy finish. So if you want to try a QD like this give FK425 a try.
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the random info?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexshimshimhae
    Thanks for the random info?

I wanted to convey how easy this product is to use. Why don`t you post something positive.
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    For a second thought it was more of an advertisement or something I didn`t mean to offend by any means sir, I apologize =] pictures please?

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like it on lighter colors and silver/greys, but IMO OID is the best QD on darker colors.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexshimshimhae
    For a second thought it was more of an advertisement or something I didn`t mean to offend by any means sir, I apologize =] pictures please?

Thanks. With 3,000 post I don`t advertise. My computer is running slow or I would post a picture. Regards......Just trying to get some action on the board. Some of the old timers here are not posting.......
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea I noticed the 3k after (my first comment I posted from my phone while I was using the jon) the fact =] so again my sincere apologies =] with the new ownership wasn`t sure what was going on anymore

Post Thanks / Like
    MDRX8- Yeah, both of the FK QDs (425 and 146) are, IMO, good enough to be in that "you really oughta try `em" category :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    ....any tips on application of FK425? I bought a gallon a while back and the couple of times I tried it on my previous black car I noticed light, residual-like "smear" marks (for lack of a better term) that just don`t seem to wipe away easily. ....what you might notice with some LSP`s after application (usually remedied after the next wash). They are very light and hardly noticeable unless the car is in direct light and you view the panel at a certain angle, but I can still see them. On lighter colors like my wife`s gold Forester its not a problem. Granted, I haven`t tried it yet on my new black car but wondered if anyone has experienced the same? ....and if there were any tips to help avoid the issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I have experienced the smearing you speak of, Kean. I have found that I need to make sure that the surface is cool. I have also found that short nap microfiber towels, like Megs` Ultimate Wipes, work very well with FK 425, whereas the longer nap towels (at least the ones that I have) don`t seem to be able to remove the detailing liquid.

Post Thanks / Like
    short nap seems to do much better for me as well. try using two towels one to pick up the initial spray and the second to finish buffing (similar drying procedure as using onr).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wascallyrabbit
    short nap seems to do much better for me as well. try using two towels one to pick up the initial spray and the second to finish buffing (similar drying procedure as using onr).

Exactly what I do.

Post Thanks / Like
    use this when drying to help stop marring, excellent stuff and has anti static 2
    2011 Winter Frost Nissan Maxima SV-Sport

2012 Black Toyota Highlander Limited

Club: Flex Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Really good for me too. I use it on every exterior detail for multi uses. I also find that in hot weather the double towel way works best for me too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Kean- Besides the two-towel approach (I do the initial wipe with a WWMF then the "buffing" wipe with a regular plush MF; IME, gotta get almost all the liquid off with the WW for this to work OK), note that I don`t always find FK425 100% compatible with certain waxes (never had a problem using it on a sealant).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information