Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I used to see alot of posts regarding UPGP but not lately...

Curious if any past users can comment on longevitity, gloss, tips, or if they have moved on to better things.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    i still see it once in a blue...but i`ve never used it myself sorry..but would be interested to seeing what turns up =]

Post Thanks / Like
    I still use it and love the product but as for how long it lasts... i couldnt tell you that as i have to many dif products im always using.

Post Thanks / Like
    For me, without DWG, it is/was a dud. Optiseal looks much better and is cheaper. Durability seems to be similar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yakky
    For me, without DWG, it is/was a dud. Optiseal looks much better and is cheaper. Durability seems to be similar.

What about the new Wet Glaze? Similar, better or worse?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Legacy99
    What about the new Wet Glaze? Similar, better or worse?

Haven`t tried it myself, I still have a ton of DWG.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been using UPGP for the last year and a half on my wife`s vehicles, first the light green Taurus and now the glacier blue CR-V. I love it! I love how easy it is to apply. I love that I can apply it to paint, cladding, and plastic and metal trim. The look is fine. Maybe I can achieve a slightly better look with another protectant (I say "maybe," because I honestly do not know); but for me the other benefits of UPGP overwhelmingly outweigh this consideration. Is UPGP durable? During the spring, summer, and winter months, I usually apply a fresh coat of UPGP every two months--not because the vehicle needs it but because application is so easy I have no need or desire to test the durability question. But two coats of UPGP did get the CR-V through four months of winter last year, with numerous ONR washings. The car is garaged, so it was not exposed to the elements 24/7, but it was a tough winter nonetheless for us here in Roanoke. This year I am going to switch to FK 1000p as our winter wax, not because I was disappointed with UPGP but simply because I have a tin of 1000p and want to test and compare it to UPGP. But I`ll return to UPGP in the spring.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by akimel
    This year I am going to switch to FK 1000p as our winter wax, not because I was disappointed with UPGP but simply because I have a tin of 1000p and want to test and compare it to UPGP. But I`ll return to UPGP in the spring.

I still use UPGP now and again (theres just so much stuff out there to try) and I`ve put it over Fk1000p and vice versa without any problems.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Several years ago some former members did some testing of UPGP and found some chinks in the armor. It`s a decent product but never did live up to the hype. My personal opinion is that it doesn`t layer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    Several years ago some former members did some testing of UPGP and found some chinks in the armor. It`s a decent product but never did live up to the hype. My personal opinion is that it doesn`t layer.

Remember this one:

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...n-results.html
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani

yes

still use it though.

Post Thanks / Like
    I still use it and really enjoy it. Nothing is faster. It looks great and has great durability. Its so easy after a quick ONR wash to just wipe the UPGP on and you are done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the post guys.

Quote Originally Posted by yakky

Kinda surprised by that...from what I have read across several Forums UPGP was judged to look better than Optiseal about 75% of the time. Maybe it`s color dependant?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JCturboT
    Thanks for the post guys.

Kinda surprised by that...from what I have read across several Forums UPGP was judged to look better than Optiseal about 75% of the time. Maybe it`s color dependant?

Its all in the eye of the beholder, but to me, UPGP has very little depth when viewed from perpendicular angles. Looking straight at a vertical panel makes it look like it needs to be polished. When viewed at extreme angles it does look remarkably different than any other sealant, producing almost rainbow/oil slick like colors. It also seems to really retain water, to the point of it staying on the trunk or hood when its tilted open. Optiseal has this amazing depth and glassy look, almost as bold as the candyshell look of FK1000P.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the UPGP look awesome. You need to be sure that your surface is prepared properly. If there is marring on a dark car, it will not hide any defects. This became apparant to me very fast on my black infiniti. The Ultima left the car a millon miles deep and the protection was as good as I could expect. Most important thing I noticed is its ability to release dirt making washing a breeze.

I love it and problalby apply moreoften than I need to bc it so easy. Can do my whole car in less that 15 Minutes top to bottom and inside out. I have tried other products and will continue to on my other cars bc I am looking fo the best thing. It`s a hobby for me and I am not on top of my game quite yet!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information