Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chemical Guys?

Post Thanks / Like
    After browsing their website, they want you to believe ALL of their products are the BEST things by a country mile!! I find that hard to believe. So, are there any CG products that live up to their hype?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have Citrus Wash and Extreme Offensive Odor Remover + Bacteria Killer. Haven`t used CW yet but Odor Remover is great. I also hear great things about JetSeal.
    BespokeCarDetailing and AeroCleanse, LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    the CG`s washes (CW&G, CWC, GWZ) are pretty economical and if you buy one gallon it will last a pretty long time. many sites (not all) will say their products are best, it`s marketing and they want you to buy their products. in the end, you`ll have to find out for yourself...

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, the Citrus Wash & Gloss and Citrus Wash & Clear probably do live up to the hype. I`ve bought a lot of their other products and was disappointed with all of them. As in, I`ll never order them again. The two types of soap are always in my arsenal. Like BigAl3 said, we`re just giving our impression - order some small bottles of things you`d like to try and decide if that`s what you like. Take it from me, don`t place a huge order getting everything in gallon sizes only to find out after one use that you don`t care for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought the "Sticky Gel Citrus Wheel Cleaner" did a good job and I`d buy it again once the gallon I have runs out (1gal makes 5 gallons working)

I however didn`t like their Orange Degreaser product.

Post Thanks / Like
    They do make some ridiculous claims with a dizzying array of overlapping products.

For the most part, their product line is very good and user friendly.

The citrus washes are very good; E-Z Creme Glaze is very nice, the cleaners and dressings work well.

However, I never really cared for their compounds.....they`re a bit rough in use and there are many better options out there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll second the Citrus Wash and Clear/Shine have both in my arsenal as well as Sticky Wheel Gel and the Bacteria Odor Eliminator one. Been wanting to try out one of their LSP`s haven`t decided which though.

Post Thanks / Like
    I spoke with them at SEMA last year, and the guys were rude. I won`t be doing business with them.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like their stuff overall. Never disappointed in their items. They offer good advice and know their stuff. Each to their own. Paul can be brusque but that is part of his charm at the same time. It does make you wonder how much they have ends up being repackaged by others. Love their synthetic quick detailer and Jet Seal

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by az57chevy
    I like their stuff overall. Never disappointed in their items. They offer good advice and know their stuff. Each to their own. Paul can be brusque but that is part of his charm at the same time. It does make you wonder how much they have ends up being repackaged by others. Love their synthetic quick detailer and Jet Seal

Actually it was the other way around mostly. They did stuff for a lot of other brands. It`s all on here if you search.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteStripes
    Actually it was the other way around mostly. They did stuff for a lot of other brands. It`s all on here if you search.

Very true.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    CW&G, CW&C, Maxi SudsII are staples for my wash. EZ glaze is really great as well. Fade2Black is a solid product. Pete`s is a great wax. Leather conditioner with Vitamin E and Aloe is really good maintenance. Diablo is ok, but I prefer P21S still.

Post Thanks / Like
    ....I haved used and like their Citrus Wash & Clear. I have the Gloss as well but for the purposes I use it for, I prefer the Clear. I have also used their Water Spot Remover with excellent results. In all fairness though, I have not used other WSR-specific products so I have nothing to compare it to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnKleven
    I spoke with them at SEMA last year, and the guys were rude. I won`t be doing business with them.

unfortunately, it seems like either someone has a good experience or really bad one with them. bad customer service is just not good for any business...

Post Thanks / Like
    CG50/50 is my favorite wax, and costs less than 1/4 compared to some other stuff I`ve tried.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information