Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, whew, finally got a chance to sit down and write a little review on this product. I have been in summer school, so not much chance for correction details, just a few here and there. I had to wait for a good one to test this out on. Sorry it took so long!!!

Anyway, to the product. I was sent the new Poorboys Syn1 from Autogeek with a request to give it a whirl. I knew this product was supposed to be sort of like #105 as in its an aggressive compound that finished out well. Early reviews said it did not perform quite as aggressive as #105.

I used the product on several cars, but this one in particular I will be reviewing it on. Its a 2004 Chevrolet Z-71. It had RIDS, swirls, water spotting, and a lack of gloss. Had not been polished in over a year. I used it with the PC and a 5.5" Orange CCS pad. The surface had been washed and clayed.

Here are my thoughts;

- The product smells awesome!!!! Over are the days of nasty smelling compounds. Lets face it, we compound/polish cars for hours on end, and smelling something like HTEC or #105 blows. This smells great, just like fruit (although I cant put my finger on it).

- The consistency is a little thicker than #105, so a few sprays of detail spray or water per panel are neeed.

- DUST! OH MY GOD the dust. It dusted worse than any other product I have ever had in my lineup ever. It was truely horrible.

- I tried the product with the rotary, and it worked well on that, but seemed to really shine on the PC. I cant imagine what something like the Flex could accomplish with a product like this.

- I was able with a 5.5" orange pad to get nearly full correction, and go to LSP ready. This is something that is nice for someone like me who does not get many full corrections, just general cleanups. I can hit it with this product, and its aggressive enough to pull out 80% of the defects, and still leave the surface looking great with no micromarring.

- Application and removal was extremely easy. No gumming up, no streaking, no haze, just put on, take it off. I even let some sit on a panel for 15min and it still came off like a breeze.

Here are some pics. The truck has SYN1 (x2 in some areas) on a orange pad via PC, EZ Creme Glaze, and FK1000P as the LSP.

My failed attempt at a 50/50. The left side is one extremely quick pass of SYN1. I was trying to show how well it worked even when used incorrectly. The panel came out near 100% swirl free.

The amount of dust. This was after only one pass.

The final results.

Final Thoughts...

I would buy this product again only on one condition, less dusting. The product performed very well and seemed to fill a void in my product line between #105 and maybe PO106FF. I do recommend this product, and hope that many others will try it once it is released.
    Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    If it dusts so bad why recommend it? With M105 you can cut it with UC to decrease the dusting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your time and effort in the review.

I don`t mean to offend but in your 50/50 picture you state that you tried to show the SYN1 in the area of being used "incorrectly" but then claim it came out nearly "100% defect free". You can`t possibly mean to show that the 50/50 picture you posted is nearly defect free on the left side, correct?

It`s covered in RIDS and scratches, it looks no different from the right side. Or am I missing something here?

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    If it dusts so bad why recommend it? With M105 you can cut it with UC to decrease the dusting.

Can`t you cut SYN 1 with UC too, then? Or the old trick of using one of the Optimum polishes to do that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody

What is UC?

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried to show that with the 50/50, I just did one super quick pass and it knocked out a good bit of RIDS and defects. It then came out near 100% when I did a pass properly on that same panel.
    Showroom Shine Details

Premium Automotive Detailing

www.ShowroomShineNC.com

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    Can`t you cut SYN 1 with UC too, then? Or the old trick of using one of the Optimum polishes to do that.

That would probably work.

Thread Information