Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone tried Permanon. Sounds like a glass type coating. Interesting.

PERMANON USA Hard & Fast Finishes - Supershine, Cleanzer, Revitalizer, Universal Cleaning Paste
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    VERY similar to Gtec C2. I have used it, great stuff!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used it and tested it quite a bit (with the sample I had). I get the feeling that I really didn`t have everything that I needed as I never got the "wash" that is supposed to "boost" the coating at each wash.

Make sure that you wash after your polishing....maybe even an alcohol wipe or two, then wash and apply the product.

Application is very easy, but durability was weak here in our mild winter. I base that on the fact that the vehicle beaded *very* well after initial application and fairly well untiil the end of the second month. After three months of bi-weekly washes all beading was gone, the paint was "grippy", and would not shed contaminants.

Again, I did not have the wash, but was told it wasn`t necessary????? FWIW, I got the sample when speaking to the "guys" from permanon at SEMA.
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    Slickness is not a hallmark of silicon coatings, either silicium, like Permanon or C2, or covalent silane coatings like C1 or Aquartz, etc. These are a different animal from what we`re used to. Indeed, they become "grippy" rather quickly. But I have never noticed that they did not shed contaminants. IMO, they shed quite well. Beading has always been strong for me. IMO, shine is where they excel. Shine is as good on day 60 as it was on day 1. Two months is about as long as I can hold out without doing something to the finish. But, that shine is undiminished by my weekly ONR wash, and I can say unequivocally that my previous favorites, UPGP and JW AJ, didn`t retain that shine anywhere near as long as the silicium coating.

Post Thanks / Like
    How do you use it. Do you buy it concentrated or pre-mixed. It says onced mixed it only last a few weeks.
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pootoo12000
    Slickness is not a hallmark of silicon coatings, either silicium, like Permanon or C2, or covalent silane coatings like C1 or Aquartz, etc. These are a different animal from what we`re used to. Indeed, they become "grippy" rather quickly. But I have never noticed that they did not shed contaminants. IMO, they shed quite well. Beading has always been strong for me. IMO, shine is where they excel. Shine is as good on day 60 as it was on day 1. Two months is about as long as I can hold out without doing something to the finish. But, that shine is undiminished by my weekly ONR wash, and I can say unequivocally that my previous favorites, UPGP and JW AJ, didn`t retain that shine anywhere near as long as the silicium coating.

Have you used it on a multitude of paint systems, or are your findings unique to your stable of vehicles?

Two months on my own vehicles (not my wife`s) wouldn`t be an issue, but on customer cars I need it to go *at least* 3-5 months.

The look is definitely "glassy" on these coatings!
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    MDRX8: Get the concentrate. Apply like Optiseal or OCW. Spreading it around the panel quickly is key, as it apparently bonds very quickly. Give it a final buff and that`s it! The 3 week shelf life mixed is from Permanon, oddly, Gtechniq gives no such caveat. Luckily, I`ve never mixed more than I need for an application. Permanon has a cool dual bottle sprayer which self mixes a 5% solution with distilled H2O. I`ve just received it and used it once. Otherwise, mix 1 part concentrate to 19 parts dist. H2O into a sprayer. You can use it straight if you like, but I`ve honestly not seen any difference straight v. 5%, so it seems like kind of a waste. ebpcivicsi: My customers are not what you would call an affluent clientele. A 2-step polish is a big upgrade for them. These are daily drivers, so they get 476, 1000p or a new favorite, 3M Performance Finish. Autobalm if they`re swirled and they won`t spring for a polish. So, the silicium is reserved for my 3 vehicles. White, silver and black. Looks equally good on all 3. By the way, if 5 months of real durability is a must, give that 3M product a try, though, to be honest, I`ve never seen an LSP that didn`t look like crap after 5 months on a daily driver. Ever.

Post Thanks / Like
    Read the small print on your C2 bottles...

Post Thanks / Like
    What does it say?
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I`m interested as well, What does the small print on C2 say porta? Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried it, and was unimpressed by the durability.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnKleven
    I tried it, and was unimpressed by the durability.

Are you referring to durability of G-Techniq C2 John?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used the airplane concentrate on a Jet I did, the owner says its still shedding the jet fuel residue after each wash. I have not had great success with the car concentrates, I get better durability out of my 1000P

Cheers,

GREG
    Reflections Detailing of Utah
    "Detailing for the Discerning owner"
    State of Utahs most experienced detailing detailer
    Meguiars/Ford Detailing team SEMA 2010, 2011

duPont Registry Endorsed Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by pootoo12000
    VERY similar to Gtec C2. I have used it, great stuff!

check.... PERMANON is Gtec C2 // Gtec C2 is Permanon Car Supershine check Permanon.com there you see

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hotcar
    check.... PERMANON is Gtec C2 // Gtec C2 is Permanon Car Supershine check Permanon.com there you see

Will you please post the exact link on the website for this info...............

Cheers,

GREG
    Reflections Detailing of Utah
    "Detailing for the Discerning owner"
    State of Utahs most experienced detailing detailer
    Meguiars/Ford Detailing team SEMA 2010, 2011

duPont Registry Endorsed Detailer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information