Post Thanks / Like
    Recently, I started a post asking if anyone had any favorite MF`s they would recommend to replace my well-used Cobras. There were a lot of suggestions, and I opted to try a few.

The first that came in were from Chemical Guys:

MONSTER MICROFIBER JUMBO ABSORBER

$9.99 for three seemed like a worthwhile price to me. I ordered 6, and even though I got clipped for $6 in shipping, it still seemed like a decent price.

They arrived today (4 day ground shipping from CA to NC, not too bad). I opened the package and immediately took one out to the driveway, armed with a bottle of Poorboy`s S&W. I proceeded to wipe down to my very dusty NBP Acura CL-S as it sat in the driveway, baking in the 93 degree afternoon sun we`ve got today in NC.

I was astounded at the results -- the surface wiped clean, with NO marring. This is definitely not something I would have attempted with my Cobras, as they are considerably less plush. Even after wiping the entire car down, I still saw no marring. The plushness of these towels is a bit overstated in the picture on CG`s site, but in real life, it`s plenty plush. I didn`t see ANY linting, and after a quick rinse (water only) to get some of the dirt off the towel, I proceeded to wipe the windows down. No linting there, either, only clean glass.

I`m planning on using them to remove a coat of SG off of my Lexus tonight. At this point, I wish I had ordered three more, since there was only an additional $1 bump in the shipping price!!

I`m waiting on other towels from this source as well -- looks like they should be in stock this week:

Wholesale super heavy duty microfiber towels large

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1
    Recently, I started a post asking if anyone had any favorite MF`s they would recommend to replace my well-used Cobras. There were a lot of suggestions, and I opted to try a few.

The first that came in were from Chemical Guys:

MONSTER MICROFIBER JUMBO ABSORBER

$9.99 for three seemed like a worthwhile price to me. I ordered 6, and even though I got clipped for $6 in shipping, it still seemed like a decent price.

They arrived today (4 day ground shipping from CA to NC, not too bad). I opened the package and immediately took one out to the driveway, armed with a bottle of Poorboy`s S&W. I proceeded to wipe down to my very dusty NBP Acura CL-S as it sat in the driveway, baking in the 93 degree afternoon sun we`ve got today in NC.

I was astounded at the results -- the surface wiped clean, with NO marring. This is definitely not something I would have attempted with my Cobras, as they are considerably less plush. Even after wiping the entire car down, I still saw no marring. The plushness of these towels is a bit overstated in the picture on CG`s site, but in real life, it`s plenty plush. I didn`t see ANY linting, and after a quick rinse (water only) to get some of the dirt off the towel, I proceeded to wipe the windows down. No linting there, either, only clean glass.

I`m planning on using them to remove a coat of SG off of my Lexus tonight. At this point, I wish I had ordered three more, since there was only an additional $1 bump in the shipping price!!

I`m waiting on other towels from this source as well -- looks like they should be in stock this week:

Wholesale super heavy duty microfiber towels large

Assuming they are same towels as in your last link (and I believe they are), they are nice towels. I would suggest washing them before you use them on your paint, however.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great towels but I definitely suggest washing them first as they have a lot of lint if you don`t.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, $3.33 for 550`s is a good deal, the ones I have were the Cobra`s on BOGO for about the same price, IIRC.

Post Thanks / Like
    GatorJ/Labster -- I just threw all 6 into the washing machine. Better safe than sorry.

Setec -- I was happy with the $3.33 price. Given the shipping situation, it would have made more sense to buy 9 or 12, but since I knew I was going to sample a few other places, I kept the order at 6. What`s funny is that I know I paid $6 EACH for my Cobras, and that was several years ago. There`s a HUGE difference between the Cobras and these. If they last as long, then I am going to come out way ahead.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ground shipping is over $10 for 18 towels! Darn.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1
    GatorJ/Labster -- I just threw all 6 into the washing machine. Better safe than sorry.

Setec -- I was happy with the $3.33 price. Given the shipping situation, it would have made more sense to buy 9 or 12, but since I knew I was going to sample a few other places, I kept the order at 6. What`s funny is that I know I paid $6 for my Cobras, and that was several years ago. There`s a HUGE difference between the Cobras and these. If they last as long, then I am going to come out way ahead.

Thanks for the heads up on the towels , its always nice to find out where to get good quality micros......I have test ordered myself plenty of times.....sum times ya win...sum times ya loose !

Post Thanks / Like
    Let us know how you like the stocktowels compared to the CG towels.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Post after washing if they remain soft or if they harden up. Some MF towels are incredibly soft and harden as they are used and washed.

Thread Information