Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cptzippy
    I think this thread is about the cost me a hundred bucks (: Do you guys think a hobbyist of about 3-4 years detailing should tackled this?

Yeah, me too, but I`m gonna wait til I get/find/read/watch how to apply it by spraying.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    how many cars u can get from one package? ($95)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wascallyrabbit
    barry had it on my car last summer at your workshop (blue audi). as it flashes it becomes very clear. you buff it to even it out (buff down the high spots).

Damn you lol, Yeah I remember your Audi. Very clean it was. Now I have to call DR G. and try this out. Its getting some reave reviews. Thanks for the input.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a pretty good product. Will it fill scratches? Has anyone noticed any yellowing as it ages? If the product is safe to use why does anyone need to sign a waiver?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CosminTX
    how many cars u can get from one package? ($95)

If it is two ounces of product, you should be able to get 4-5 applications out of it assuming you are doing single layer applications and don`t have a Suburban or H2.

wannafbody-OC seems to have some minor filling but nothing that will take care of improper prep. Haven`t noticed any yellowing. I believe the waiver is because until Optimum gets the correct legalese for the durability warranty, none is currently offered or implied. Plus the product is meant for professional application to ensure the product is applied correctly-and I believe a pro using it would have to somehow show they can use it properly. If sold to the enthusiast, the waiver would prevent Optimum from being liable should the coating not be applied according to the directions.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Theal
    Damn you lol, Yeah I remember your Audi. Very clean it was. Now I have to call DR G. and try this out. Its getting some reave reviews. Thanks for the input.

Barry, you should check out David F`s review thread of it. It`s a pretty amazing thread, with really great pictures.

Darn it, I thought I had subscribed to it.. guess not. Was gonna post a link to it.

Edit: This one isn`t David`s, but it`s still darn good: http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...at-review.html
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBee364
    Barry, you should check out David F`s review thread of it. It`s a pretty amazing thread, with really great pictures.

Darn it, I thought I had subscribed to it.. guess not. Was gonna post a link to it.

Edit: This one isn`t David`s, but it`s still darn good: http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...at-review.html

SuperBee, thanks for the link.

It is quite an impressive product and I was totally amazed after seeing the results of David`s test.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like impressive stuff.

What is the self life? It has being stated that every order is custom made, so that makes me think it has a short life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got an email back and it looks like it`s going back to not being available

Post Thanks / Like
    When this stuff is ready for prime time, it kinda sounds like the Holy Grail of paint protectants...somewhat akin to the products offered by car dealers over the past 30 year or so with the exception that Dr G`s product actually delivers.

Personally, I would prefer to spend my time driving the cars, not polishing and cleaning them!

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cptzippy
    Just got an email back and it looks like it`s going back to not being available

That`s odd, the product has been out for a while. I wonder if there`s an issue with availability of the polymer base product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    That`s odd, the product has been out for a while. I wonder if there`s an issue with availability of the polymer base product.

It`s a political thing. I saw a large group of representatives from Meguiar`s, Sal Zaino, and a number of other pissed off manufacturers heading towards his house with baseball bats and picket signs.

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s still available just not to hobbyist anymore. Back to just directly from Optimum and with strict guidelines as to who gets it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tom p.
    When this stuff is ready for prime time, it kinda sounds like the Holy Grail of paint protectants...somewhat akin to the products offered by car dealers over the past 30 year or so with the exception that Dr G`s product actually delivers.

Personally, I would prefer to spend my time driving the cars, not polishing and cleaning them!

I totally agree. For us hobbists, it might be worth it to get the car done by a detailer and have opti-coat applied.
    2005 Pontiac GTP ---> 2008 BMW 535 xi

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBee364

this is one of David`s testing. http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...st-review.html

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread Information