Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021

Post Thanks / Like
    I like ---C1 Crystal Lacquer ---- at Exterior Coatings // G|Techniq or -----Aquartz----- Paint Protection at Aquartz Paint Protection Kit ------

These are sub micron cyrstalline film protectants. They form a glass like coating instead of a polymer coating. I just applied C1 to my car. Looks awesome, just like a fresh coat of clear.

I applied a coat of Vintage over the C1 and could not tell any difference....... The C1 made the paint a shade darker, added depth, and made the flake pop. Your going to see more of these type coatings being used.
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Taking my ride to Integrity Detail on Friday to get OptiCoat ..... I am excited to get a professional polishing and to try such an innovative product.

Post Thanks / Like
    I applied Opti-Coat to my ride last weekend. Looks great! Now we`ll just have to see if it lives up to my expectations!

Optimum Product Support Chris@Optimum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OutlawTitan
    Taking my ride to Integrity Detail on Friday to get OptiCoat ..... I am excited to get a professional polishing and to try such an innovative product.

I`m looking forward to it, Jim! See you Thursday night.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m getting my car re-conditioned and then having Opti-Coat applied on Sunday so hoping to get an answer ASAP. Can Opti-Coat be applied to rubber molding and trim? Will it crack if the surface is bent? And if you can apply Opti-Coat to rubber molding and trim, how will it look - permanently shiny/wet/darker?

Also, can we layer a sealant over the Opti-Coat every 6 months since Opti-Coat is like clear coat?

Post Thanks / Like
    Also, would applying Opti-Coat to glass like the windshield make scratches appear more easily since Opti-Coat is presumably less scratch/mar resistant than glass?

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it safe to say that there wont be enough to cover say an H3?

Optimum Product Support Chris@Optimum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by not_a_virus.exe
    I`m getting my car re-conditioned and then having Opti-Coat applied on Sunday so hoping to get an answer ASAP. Can Opti-Coat be applied to rubber molding and trim? Will it crack if the surface is bent? And if you can apply Opti-Coat to rubber molding and trim, how will it look - permanently shiny/wet/darker?

Also, can we layer a sealant over the Opti-Coat every 6 months since Opti-Coat is like clear coat?

1. Congrats. 2. You can apply it to anything hard surface, except rubber. Plastic moldings and wiper cowls will be permanently "dressed" looking. I don`t know if it will crack if bent, but normal flexation doesn`t affect it. 3. You can top it with anything you like, but just do a section and compare it to an OC only section...it may not add enough to be worth the effort.

Also, would applying Opti-Coat to glass like the windshield make scratches appear more easily since Opti-Coat is presumably less scratch/mar resistant than glass?

I have not noticed any scratches on my glass in the almost three years it`s been on my windshield. I do change my wipers every six months and clean the rubber with every wash though.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexshimshimhae
    Is it safe to say that there wont be enough to cover say an H3?

10-15 cc will cover a H3 no problem unless you use too much.

Post Thanks / Like
    My other concern is that he actually goes offroading driving through conditions that would make most autopian`s livid or queasy...I was wondering if it was worth coating his car still?

From what I can tell it doesn`t seem like he drives through thick shrubbery (don`t get me wrong his paint is beat to ...you know what but I only really see swirls and what looks like possible clear coat failure...but not actual SCRAPES and deeps Scratches)

Post Thanks / Like
    So it`s been a while now since I have had my Opti-Coat applied. Everything is great...except that I see some marring on my Opti-Coat. Maybe my expectations were too high, but is this normal? That even with a good car washing method that some marring is inevitable?

Also, anyone know how high of temperatures that Opti-Coat can tolerate? I was thinking of applying Opti-Coat to new brakes.

Post Thanks / Like
    So it`s been a while now since I have had my Opti-Coat applied. Everything is great...except that I see some marring on my Opti-Coat. Maybe my expectations were too high, but is this normal? That even with a good car washing method that some marring is inevitable?

Also, anyone know how high of temperatures that Opti-Coat can tolerate? I was thinking of applying Opti-Coat to new brakes.

It will definitely reduce marring, but not stop it. My car is at about 5 months now and marring is very minimal which is a big plus for my soft Acura paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    A couple of questions about Opti-Coat 2.0.

1) I have a car that had a spot re-painted. The re-painted spot was theclear coateded. The problem is the painter did no clear coatat up to the panel edge so you can see where thclear coatat was "blended" into the existing clearcoat. It looks spotted but it is perfectly smooth!

In an attempt to hide the places where clear coatcoat was blended, I put a piece of clear bra over it. It made these spots disappear. Will Opti-Coat hide the spots where the painter attempted to blend clear coat?

2) What does Opti-Coat look like when it begins to wear off. Can you re-apply it to make it look new again?

3) Do I have to wax my car anymore after Opti-Coat?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob4092xx
    A couple of questions about Opti-Coat 2.0.

1) I have a car that had a spot re-painted. The re-painted spot was theclear coateded. The problem is the painter did no clear coatat up to the panel edge so you can see where thclear coatat was "blended" into the existing clearcoat. It looks spotted but it is perfectly smooth!

In an attempt to hide the places where clear coatcoat was blended, I put a piece of clear bra over it. It made these spots disappear. Will Opti-Coat hide the spots where the painter attempted to blend clear coat?

That`s crap work by the painter and poor practice! Never tried to see if OC would hide the blend line, but it should at least slow the failure of the clear on the blend area.

2) What does Opti-Coat look like when it begins to wear off. Can you re-apply it to make it look new again?

It doesn`t wear off. The only way to remove it is with polishing , sanding, or with paint removers. Light polishing can be performed and then you can apply another coat if you wish, which I`ve done for clients after 18-24 months as they`ve accumulated light swirls that needed to be removed.

3) Do I have to wax my car anymore after Opti-Coat?

No. But you will want to wash regularly and check for bonded surface defects bi-annually. The use of cleaners like TarX and IronX can be used to remove most bonded surface defects, but light claying may still be required too. You can also go over the finish lightly with Poli-Seal by hand or with a DA an a finishing pad to further clean the surface.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021

Thread Information