Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    air brush is coool , a compressor will be needed.

wonder if the coat will swirl in time when wash , in the test i see was wash by pro , what about beeing wash by regular John at car wash and neglected.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindflux
    Apparently optimum will sell it to you with just a signed waiver now. Justin over on DB is selling them for 10% off with free shipping right now ($95 shipped). You have to email him regarding it as he doesn`t sell it right off his webpage (because he needs the waiver signed and returned).

What DB is that - which website?

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t know if the new owners of Autopia approve of linking to competing websites.

But detailing can be quite blissful....
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wascallyrabbit
    i applied to my car may 09. used a foam pad to apply it. gloss is good, depth is good and wetness is also pretty good. i polished the car first then ipa wipe down then applied opti-coat. washed weekly with onr. drive approx. 90mi a day x5 in all kinds of weather and road conditions. opti coat is holding up very well. just put another coat of os on the wife truck then it rain the other day and i was able to compare the two, one year opti coat was beading just as nice a three day old coat of os. don`t think you would be able to tell the two apart if you didn`t now which was which.

That`s what we`re looking for, thanks! Did you find it difficult to apply?
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    My main question left is resistance to swirls. This stuff seems like the real deal though, so I suppose I`ll need to polish my car to perfection and then apply it soon
    Marc Harris from AutoLavish Fine Automobile Care of Michigan

Post Thanks / Like
    no very easy to apply. i put some on the foam pad and wiped on the panel similar to os. you`ll actually seen it flash off, then buff with a mf to even out the coating and your on to the next panel. only took a few minutes longer than applying os. no one believes that i haven`t wax the car in over a year now. still using the old version of onr, on the last gallon. very interested in trying the new version to see if it makes as much a difference on the opti-coating as others are seen on other lsps.

should mention that bugs and such come off much easier than any other lsp i`ve tried so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Got_Leather
    English please

LOL I thought i was bad

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wascallyrabbit
    no very easy to apply. i put some on the foam pad and wiped on the panel similar to os. you`ll actually seen it flash off, then buff with a mf to even out the coating and your on to the next panel. only took a few minutes longer than applying os. no one believes that i haven`t wax the car in over a year now. still using the old version of onr, on the last gallon. very interested in trying the new version to see if it makes as much a difference on the opti-coating as others are seen on other lsps.

should mention that bugs and such come off much easier than any other lsp i`ve tried so far.

Does it flash to a haze or film like cured wax? Or is it wipe on smooth out if that makes sense??

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone put bug and tar remover on this stuff to see how it holds up?

Also, if it is as hard and durable as it sounds, does it also swirl like a clear coat? Also, is it resistant to rock chips? That last part could sell it big time, and negate the need for $500+ clear film on front bumpers, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    David Fermani has been washing it weekly with Dawn and drive-thru car washes and it`s still beading like day one. Not sure about swirls though.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think this thread is about the cost me a hundred bucks (: Do you guys think a hobbyist of about 3-4 years detailing should tackled this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Theal
    Does it flash to a haze or film like cured wax? Or is it wipe on smooth out if that makes sense??

barry had it on my car last summer at your workshop (blue audi). as it flashes it becomes very clear. you buff it to even it out (buff down the high spots).

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cptzippy
    I think this thread is about the cost me a hundred bucks (: Do you guys think a hobbyist of about 3-4 years detailing should tackled this?

if you can get it i think you can handle it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 15951
    Has anyone put bug and tar remover on this stuff to see how it holds up?

Also, if it is as hard and durable as it sounds, does it also swirl like a clear coat? Also, is it resistant to rock chips? That last part could sell it big time, and negate the need for $500+ clear film on front bumpers, etc.

have not tried it because the bugs just wash off so easily so there is no need for it.

its as durable as clear coat and will swirl just like clear. i don`t feel it could replace the need for rock chip film.

Post Thanks / Like
    What struck me most about Opti-Coat on my own 2002 Maxima was how it made nearly 8 year old paint (my car has a June `01 build date) act like brand new paint. No matter what I used on my car, sealants or carnaubas, the beading wasn`t particularly tight. With Opti-Coat, I had all these really nice, tight, round beads, just like cars with brand new paint have.

I`ve had it on a couple customers cars going on a year for one, 6-7 months for the other, both seem pretty happy with it. Been on both my parent`s cars since September and both cars still bead very well. My Dad both conventionally and ONR washes depending on his mood.

Application is similar to Opti-Seal, except you do need to knock down the high spots with a clean MF towel. Section at a time, wait 60 seconds or so, knock down the high spots, then move on to the next section.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information