Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    wannafbody, apparently after u keep hammering Dr. G with all the hazerdous stuff and ammonia ****, he removed the "Warning Do Not Smell: Strong ammonia smell" from the label :har::har:

i wonder if someone inhales the product and falls sick if Opt would be liable :nervous2:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Orosco
    I don`t get the argument here. I know that there are many people, both pro and enthusiast, that are very loyal to one particular brand and it seems to me that there is a bit of a rival between Optimum users and Zaino users but I can`t grasp as to why that is?

The markets each is seeking to reach are different. One is mainly for enthusiast while one is mainly for the Pro/body shop users.

Wannafbody you have every right to ask questions if you`re really seeking to understand the products but your questioning and attitude comes across more as arguing for the sake of arguing.

Let`s be real honest here. If Opti-Coat had a "Z" on the label we wouldn`t be having this conversation because the person questioning would be told to "call Sal, he will answer your questions" -OR- "Stop hating on Zaino!" You would perhaps be on these forums touting the incredible durability of another Zaino product......"Zaino does it again!"

Yet when asked why Sal doesn`t come on and explain his products you chirp back with this brilliance....."He is counting his money" Maybe that`s true. This would then possible mean that Sal is more interested in making money then answering questions......or maybe it just means he is a smart business man because he can produce at a low cost then sell at a high profit and since you buy his products what does that make you?

See how silly and petty things can get? And they are just car products!

Optimum is not out after the Zaino market, why? Again 2 different markets and there are plenty of users to support both plus many others so relax. You come across at times as if you feel Zaino is being threatened in some way and it effects you personally.

Anthony

Exactly, the Optimum products, and Opti-Coat in particular, are not marketed to people washing their cars with floor cleaner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sockster
    wannafbody, apparently after u keep hammering Dr. G with all the hazerdous stuff and ammonia ****, he removed the "Warning Do Not Smell: Strong ammonia smell" from the label :har::har:

Where did you see this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody

BTW, I`m not making any claim about OC being a hazardous material since I don`t know what DR G is cooking up over the wood fire in the bathtub under the big oak tree next to the Jack Daniels plant but I have been in some places and have seen some resins, polymers and coatings and know just a couple things about how they are handled and disposed of to warn people that some stuff out there just might not be as safe as people assume it to be. But I must also add a legal disclaimer, in the words of Schultz, I KNOW NOTHING

You just can`t resist making a snotty, condescending remark, can you? Seems like every post you`ve made in this thread is with the intention of denigrating Optimum products or Dr. G. I`ve seen his manufacturing plant and I can assure you it isn`t some low budget, bathtub homebrew dump. He has his Ph.D. and Master`s degrees in Polymer and Organic Chemistry from Oregon State University and his MBA from University of Memphis. He isn`t some guy simply throwing chemicals together and hoping for the best. You obviously have an agenda here that goes beyond simply being inquisitive about Opti-Coat and Optimum products in general and everyone (other than your little buddy sockster) reading this thread knows it
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GatorJ
    Exactly, the Optimum products, and Opti-Coat in particular, are not marketed to people washing their cars with floor cleaner.

Ouch, I`m going over to the corner to cry:har:

Seriously, soap isn`t rocket science either. And Scott, obliviously you`ve missed where I`ve poked fun of Sal for layering 10,000 coats of Zaino on his Yugo:LOLOL

Maybe Dr G quit adding ammonia to OptiCoat:think:

Optimum Product Support Chris@Optimum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    You just can`t resist making a snotty, condescending remark, can you? Seems like every post you`ve made in this thread is with the intention of denigrating Optimum products or Dr. G. I`ve seen his manufacturing plant and I can assure you it isn`t some low budget, bathtub homebrew dump. He has his Ph.D. and Master`s degrees in Polymer and Organic Chemistry from Oregon State University and his MBA from University of Memphis. He isn`t some guy simply throwing chemicals together and hoping for the best. You obviously have an agenda here that goes beyond simply being inquisitive about Opti-Coat and Optimum products in general and everyone (other than your little buddy sockster) reading this thread knows it
    I`d like to add to what you said Scott and say that by making his own products, he certainly does know exactly how to label it and what is in it. Unlike the money counting "enthusiast`s lineup." Polish...sealant "ah those saps will buy anything" back to counting my money.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sal claims to make his own polymers as well(I wonder if he uses the old stainless tub he washes the dog with:think. Soy polymers aren`t exactly new technology-Henry Ford was using them 60 years ago but that is an improvement over other companies that continue to market products that are close to 100 years old. In reality, a lot of technology is just incremental improvements of existing products-well, except for Microsoft-I`m not sure that can even labeled an improvement anymore.

Maybe DR G can chime in and explain if or why he quit adding ammonia to OptiCoat-seriously, I`m curious:think:

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep....won`t be long now before this one gets locked up also.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    You just can`t resist making a snotty, condescending remark, can you?

No, he can`t.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe Sal is wannafbody.

I know he isn`t Sal is a stand up guy.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob Tomlin
    No, he can`t.

Really, I like making smart alleck comments and I`ll pepper them around. If Dr G or Sal can`t deal with my sarcasm that`s their issue. But I have asked legitimate questions which were ignored in this thread. Is Dr G really adding ammonia to Opticoat? Did someone just misunderstand him? Or is there something else to it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    Really, I like making smart alleck comments and I`ll pepper them around. If Dr G or Sal can`t deal with my sarcasm that`s their issue. But I have asked legitimate questions which were ignored in this thread. Is Dr G really adding ammonia to Opticoat? Did someone just misunderstand him? Or is there something else to it?

I think many of us around here can do without your sarcasm and "smart alleck" (sic) remarks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Thomas - Maybe Sal is wannafbody.

I know he isn`t Sal is a stand up guy.

Well, the end is near - I just laughed and agreed with T.

Ya`ll - ain`t it time we stop feeding the troll?
    All I have in this world is my word, and my balls and I don`t break `em for no one, you understand?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Who cares why it may have ammonia in it, it may not be directly added but a ammonia like smell if I remember reading the label correctly. This could be due to stronger solvents, carriers, and by products of reaction when the product hits the air.

Great thing about the detailing market is if you dont like it there are many many other alternatives, and in this case there are about 3 that I know of. But I know one of them has a strong IPA smell. Most of the nano sealants are solvent carriers that need to evap out once applied and only a small part is actually a active part of the sealant.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`m aware that IPA is used in some sealants. I have a bottle of one product that has a warning about prolonged skin contact with IPA. That one is a 16oz bottle so it`s possible that it is a fairly small amount.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread Information