Thread: Spray waxes

Post Thanks / Like
    I was wondering, what other brands of spray waxes are out there (besides Optimum car wax) that are designed to be used as a stand-alone LSP that can last 4-5 months? As far as I can tell, the Optimum seems to be the only one that says it can be used as a stand-alone LSP. But, I`m hoping you can further educate me...

Post Thanks / Like
    Duragloss Aquawax is probably the only one that can challenge OCW in that regard. One advantage for DGAW is that it is available OTC at Carquest but only in the 22oz. spray size. Gallons online only.

Post Thanks / Like
    Who cares what the label says it "can" do. There is nothing stopping you from using any spray wax as a stand alone wax. Spray waxes are so easy to apply you could use it every wash and have a freshly waxed car all the time. Duragloss Aqua Wax is very good so is Mothers FX Spray Wax.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve never seen anyone claim-other than Optimum-that OCW can last 4 or 5 months. In fact, some pictures on this site show it dead in about 4 weeks. Even those who use Z8 as a stand alone product only claim about 2 months durability.

Post Thanks / Like
    Heh heh, yeah, that`s what I was thinking. A whole lotta regular LSPs are hard-pressed to last 4-5 months in real life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike73
    I was wondering, what other brands of spray waxes are out there (besides Optimum car wax) that are designed to be used as a stand-alone LSP that can last 4-5 months?

Longest durability from a spray product will be with a sealant.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone. I guess that`s what I was thinking...that spray waxes should only be used as a booster wax to keep the existing LSP protecting longer. So I guess if you used say, Optimum car wax as your only LSP, you just need to apply it more frequently to get the most protection out of it. This seems pretty easy to do, like if you just apply the spray wax after every wash, then the paint will stay protected. But some people I know don`t wash their car frequently enough, so maybe it`s not an option for them...

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah im sure if u polished a vehicle and put on one coat of OCW once paint was fully restored, i would say in a good climate u wont need to apply more for a minimum of 6-8 weeks for a second thorough wash and a new updated coat ...

heck even put on two coats at once and try that out ..

OCW has definately impressed me ! and when i run out i will buy another bottle of it !

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like it myself. I am almost out and going to buy more.

Thread Information