Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PointyStick
    I actually have some of this in the Garage, havent tried it yet. Think I will start with this then move to some of the other recommendation.

Instead of starting a new thread I have a few other questiosn;

1. Thinking of getting a paint cleaner, which I would use this after polishing and IPA wipe-down. Any thoughts on P21S Paintwork Cleanser?

The P21s GEPC is like a combo paint cleaner and glaze; it leaves some stuff behind. I didn`t care for it and I wouldn`t bother doing both IPAing and GEPCing. But hey, other people like it a lot better than I do. I just don`t see it adding much, if anything, to a well-polished white paint.

2. To make sure the car is really clean prior to starting claying I am thinking of spraying diluted (1:1?) P21S Total Auto Wash onto the paint (after a regular washing), then rinse off. Good idea? This would be instead of using some dish washing soap.

Much as I like TAW, I don`t think you need to do that either. I`d do a conventional wash with a strong shampoo mix, then a Dawn/etc. wash if you really want to do something like that, and then clay.

I sorta get the impression you`re leaning towards making this whole projecdt more complicated than it needs to be One of the nice things about white is that you *don`t* have to get fancy for it to look as nice as it`s gonna.

3. Any suggestions on a general washing soap? I am nearing then end of my Meguiar`s Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo & Conditioner bottle (which I can get easily at the local wall-mart/Canadian tire). Stick with the Meguiar`s or get something new?

What I like probably isn`t down your alley: I use Griot`s Car Wash exclusively as I`ve never found anything else that`s as good. For local/OTC shampoo, the Gold Class is OK. But maybe you could find some DuraGloss shampoo locally, I think that`d be a little better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pinnacle Series II looks great on white does not last to long but looks great and so easy to apply

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m a broken record on this one but...I use P21S Paintwork Cleansing Lotion followed by Collinite 915 (845 is good too and a little easier to use). Or if you prefer a sealant...I`ve had excellent (excellent) results with Zaino PC Fusion followed by Z2 + ZFX. Both of these are great choices IMO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information