Post Thanks / Like
    I am looking to restock my LSP arsenal. Currently, I have the following products at my disposal:

Klasse All-In-One

Menzerna FMJ

Zaino CS

For a bit of added shine, I love using Chemical Guys EZ Crème glaze under FMJ in the summer months. I am a self-confessed FK425 addict and use it to top the cars after every wash.

I really love the look that FMJ gives but I don’t like its durability of it. I use the AIO mainly for its chemical cleaning properties and for any additional protection it may provide. I bought CS when it first came out and while the product is okay, it is not spectacular and in rarely if ever use it. My FMJ supply is about to run out so I want to restock my LSP aresnal. Since FMJ was so expensive and since I am disappointed with its durability, I would like to try other products.

Both my wife’s car and my car are daily drivers that garaged at night. Both cars have metallic paint (metallic grey and metallic blue gray). I am looking for something the makes metallic paint and flakes sparkle and provides extreme durability in the winter months.

Based on my research, I have decided to order FK1000P and OCW. I plan to use AIO as I have for its cleaning properties. In the summer months, I would like to apply the EZ Crème before FK1000P. I also want to use FK1000P also as a wheel sealant. OCW is going to be used as a topper sealant. I know there are many alternatives but for the price of one of the higher end sealants, I can get both FK1000P and OCW. Would I have any problems using these products in combination? Are there any alternatives I should try?
    2005 Pontiac GTP ---> 2008 BMW 535 xi

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve never used FK1000P or OCW. Despite it`s lack of durability, FMJ is still one of my favorite sealants because I love the sparkle it gives my cars. It`s also easy enough to WOWO that I just skip the QD and just use my DA to put on another coat of FMJ.

If you like the look of FMJ and want better durability, you should check out Blackfire Wet Diamond. It has a similar look but is supposedly much more durable. Just from what I read off the forums, it`s one of the more durable sealants around.

You should also consider Autogeek`s new DP Poly-Lock Sealant. The guy at Autogeek who tested it out (o.k., I`ll admit there might be a little bit of bias there!) claimed the durability rivaled Collinite 845 (an extremely durable wax, BTW). It`s only $15. I already went ahead and bought two bottles.

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought about BFWD too. Thanks for the tip about DP Poly-Lock Sealant.

Post Thanks / Like
    1000p and OCW are both great products. I would use 1000p alone then the next wash you can top with OCW if you desire

Post Thanks / Like
    I use EZ Creme all the time under 1000.

Next try HD POXY.

Post Thanks / Like
    id personally skip kaio unless youre using it on strictly black paint, stainless, glass and windshield wiper arms. otherwise id get poliseal or werkstatt prime strong as an aio.

and id get optiseal first upgp second instead of zaino cs. i have all three. just my .02

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to drag this up again - will this combo work well on cars that have metal flakes? Both my wife`s car and mine are full of flakes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried CG Pete`s 53? This is suppose to give metal flake some pop , while still mainitaining that bright carnauba look. (To each his own)

My other two suggestions are Collinite 915 for extended duability if your cars are a daily drivers and/or PS21 100% if you want a brilliant carnauba look for a wax that isn`t super-expensive.

By the way, when you do decide, post some comments of your cleaning/polishing/waxing chemical combinations and processes and pictures of your cars. Sharing your experiences is something we can all benefit from.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    DP Max Wax is a hidden gem... I use it on my personal vehicles as well as a base to mid-level wax package. Has great depth and pop. Good longevity to boot... Try it out.

-josh

Hobbyist Detailer
    Post Thanks / Like
    I generally try to keep 3 waxes and 3 sealants in my arsenal all the time. More creeps in or out from time to time.

Current Sealants:

Liquid Glass 2-step (for wheels)

Optimum Poli-Seal

Klasse Twins

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant

Current Waxes:

Surf City Barrier Reef Liquid Carnauba

Chemical Guys 50/50

Pinnacle Liquid Souveran

I plan to try the DP MaxWax and DP PoliSeal to these this year. I`d like to try PB Natty` Blue/Red at some point and the SuperNatural.

Post Thanks / Like
    FK1000P works fine on all sorts of paints and is kinda a "must try" LSP IMO. It has a "signature look" that might not suit everyone on every paint though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by termigator

If you like the look of FMJ and want better durability, you should check out Blackfire Wet Diamond. It has a similar look but is supposedly much more durable. Just from what I read off the forums, it`s one of the more durable sealants around.

I agree, BFWD is a great sealant if you like FMJ. It does have more of a wax look to it, but it is as slick and much more durable. The one thing that stands out for me with BFWD is how it stays slick longer than any other sealant I have ever used, even months later, the paint feels slick.

Thread Information