Post Thanks / Like
    So been researching getting one of these for 199 from autogeek.net. I only really vacuum my car once a week, carpets and upholstry (not even sure if too much vacuuming could be bad ^^)

But any case, Is this product actually good at blowing out crevices in the car when drying? Does it really do a good job vacuuming vents, carpets, between seats, upholstry? And is it worth the 200-220 with tax or for something that I am looking for are there cheaper options?

Any suggestions insights be much appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like
    You didn`t search did you? I just wrote a review of it. http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...le-vacuum.html

Post Thanks / Like
    No disrespect, I did use search and I did read your review.

Your post did answer a couple of my questions, but I was hoping for more responses to get a general consensus. And more importantly if there were cheaper alternatives.

Thank you for your post though

Post Thanks / Like
    OK, then, in answer to your questions: Yes, there are cheaper machines that will do the the job but there isn`t a more compact vacuum with the same power that I know of and if you want to blow out the car, you`ll have to get a pretty decent lawn blower, something like a black and decker leaf hog to have get the same effect as the metro.

If you get the metro, don`t buy extra hose. Go to home depot and get the ten foot hose setup from shopvac. It comes with better accessories and a much better hose. Still, though, keep the metro 6 foot hose for using with the blower. It`s very flexible and lets you get more turbulence and therefore more action than you`d get with a leaf blower. Also, moving the leaf blower quickly will put a lot of stress on the fan because you`ll be moving counter to the centrifugal force of the blade and it tends to destroy the bearings.

The advantages of the metro are, compact size, very powerful and effective, moves lots of air and the filters, the cloth ones at least, look like they`ll last a long time. As I said, order a couple of extras and you should have no problems. The machine is quiet, that makes a huge difference when you`re working in someones garage or around a quiet neighborhood. You can start earlier in the morning without causing a riot.

The major disadvantage of the metro is that it`s not wet dry but if you`re clever you can work that out on your own.

Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the insight, I just got my tax return, so I know where some of it will go!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve had mine for a couple of week`s and really like it. Lots of power in a small package. I use the blower function more than the vac as it saves time in drying your car. Blows all the water out of cracks and seams you can`t get to which eliminates continual wiping drips and runs. If you want to save some $$$, check Amazon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2010V8Colorado
    I`ve had mine for a couple of week`s and really like it. Lots of power in a small package. I use the blower function more than the vac as it saves time in drying your car. Blows all the water out of cracks and seams you can`t get to which eliminates continual wiping drips and runs. If you want to save some $$$, check Amazon.

Woot thanks for the advice, I got it on Amazon for 191 total, with free shipping, of course it will take longer to receive but who`s in a rush right.

It was odd how they sold it on Amazon though, you buy the vacuum comes with a shoulder strap instead of dolley, so I had to buy dolley seperate. Still ending up being cheaper then other sites I have seen, only thing missing is the free tool they were offering and an extra disposable bag. But I intend to get the cloth filters from Autogeek anyways, and with Wizard`s recommendation I`ll just get a 10ft hose for shopvac from Home Depot or Lowes.

Thread Information