Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a pretty good dose of rail dust on my 07 F 150 (white of course) that I have been putting off until it warms up has anyone used the Finish Kare Decon system? Does it damage trim or metal? How carefull must you be when using it? Any help would be very helpful. Still learning every day it seems like.
    Bo Davenport

Evolution Detail

Elizabeth City NC

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve only used the first part of the FK system (pn 1119 maybe?). It works well but smells kinda bad.

I haven`t used the FK`s acidic step but it`s supposedly more gentle than the AutoInt "B" that I have used.

Since I never had problems with the AutoInt stuff I sure wouldn`t expect any problems from the FK version.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used it quite a few times over the years, and it works OK to great depending on the amount of stuff on the car. Make sure that you have a very cool place to work at, you need to let the products sit on the surface for dwell time.

I also wouldn`t out rule just a good clay treatment after to finish cleaning up or a paint cleaner

Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to find something that will remove the stuff in one step, not decon then clay, I am already polishing after to remove the swirls but I do not want to risk tearing up a pad or even worse picking up metal and polishing something else.
    Bo Davenport

Evolution Detail

Elizabeth City NC

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been dying to try Mark-V`s Liquid Fallout Remover. It`s a 1 part system.

Mark V Products ::: Speciality Cleaners ::: Liquid Fallout Remover 16oz

Liquid Fallout Remover.

Description and Uses:

For the convenience of those who want a ready-to-use product we have taken our Fallout Powder formula and transformed it into a liquid form. Seven ingredients (four acids and three surfactants) are blended together to give the customer a broad spectrum of cleaning ability.

Use Liquid Fallout Remover to remove industrial fallout, rail dust, heavy road film, bird and insect deposits and more from autos, trucks, boats and painted structures. Liquid Fallout Remover will strip away layers of baked on grime in minutes, leaving the surface properly prepared for polishing.

Advantages:

Removes all of the fallout, even the part embedded in the paint.

Mixes easily even in cold, hard water.

Used by BMW, NA., American Honda and Acura.

Rinses easily and completely.

Not necessary to wash vehicle with soap and water after use.

Broad spectrum cleaners clean more than just rail dust.

Special Tips and Precautions:

Fallout removal should be the first step in any complete detail, as it properly prepares the surface for polymer bonding.

Dwell time is critical. The larger the particle size of the rail dust, the longer Liquid Fallout Remover must remain on the painted surface. Usually 10-20 minutes.

Do not mix with other products.

Do not allow to dry. Water must be present for the product to work properly.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    That sounds interesting, might have to get some of that

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    I`ve been dying to try Mark-V`s Liquid Fallout Remover. It`s a 1 part system.

Mark V Products ::: Speciality Cleaners ::: Liquid Fallout Remover 16oz

Liquid Fallout Remover.

Description and Uses:

For the convenience of those who want a ready-to-use product we have taken our Fallout Powder formula and transformed it into a liquid form. Seven ingredients (four acids and three surfactants) are blended together to give the customer a broad spectrum of cleaning ability.

Use Liquid Fallout Remover to remove industrial fallout, rail dust, heavy road film, bird and insect deposits and more from autos, trucks, boats and painted structures. Liquid Fallout Remover will strip away layers of baked on grime in minutes, leaving the surface properly prepared for polishing.

Advantages:

Removes all of the fallout, even the part embedded in the paint.

Mixes easily even in cold, hard water.

Used by BMW, NA., American Honda and Acura.

Rinses easily and completely.

Not necessary to wash vehicle with soap and water after use.

Broad spectrum cleaners clean more than just rail dust.

Special Tips and Precautions:

Fallout removal should be the first step in any complete detail, as it properly prepares the surface for polymer bonding.

Dwell time is critical. The larger the particle size of the rail dust, the longer Liquid Fallout Remover must remain on the painted surface. Usually 10-20 minutes.

Do not mix with other products.

Do not allow to dry. Water must be present for the product to work properly.

Post Thanks / Like
    That looks much better at 8.00 a bottle instead of 50.00, The big question is how well does it work? Maybe I will be the guinea pig.
    Bo Davenport

Evolution Detail

Elizabeth City NC

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 9935annivgt
    That looks much better at 8.00 a bottle instead of 50.00, The big question is how well does it work? Maybe I will be the guinea pig.
    ...sounds like a plan.

Post Thanks / Like
    David Fermani- It sounds like that MK-V Fallout Remover needs a somewhat extended dwell time, huh? I alway left the FK/AI stuff on a good long time anyhow...

I`d still rewash with something after using that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by 9935annivgt
    I would like to find something that will remove the stuff in one step, not decon then clay, I am already polishing after to remove the swirls but I do not want to risk tearing up a pad or even worse picking up metal and polishing something else.

Sometimes the decon works fine without claying, sometimes the clay just helps things along, and sometimes you simply *need* both.

I dunno about the chances of a pad picking up a speck of metal. IMO the claying would make it less likely though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just curious as to if this system, or any of the other types of these systems, will be good at removing remnants of foam overspray? I have a client that does commercial roofing and spray foam (A+B components) and sometimes gets overspray of this polyurethane foam onto vehicles.

I`m curious as to if this type of system would work better at this than clay to remove the remnants after I get the bulk off w/ adhesive remover and plastic razor?
    Allen M. Kwiatkowski

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rasch_C
    Just curious as to if this system, or any of the other types of these systems, will be good at removing remnants of foam overspray? ...

I`m curious as to if this type of system would work better at this than clay to remove the remnants after I get the bulk off w/ adhesive remover and plastic razor?

I`d try the FK1119.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rasch_C
    Just curious as to if this system, or any of the other types of these systems, will be good at removing remnants of foam overspray? I have a client that does commercial roofing and spray foam (A+B components) and sometimes gets overspray of this polyurethane foam onto vehicles.

If the foam is cured I think you will find mechanical removal (claying/polishing) more effective than chemicals.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by charger17
    If the foam is cured I think you will find mechanical removal (claying/polishing) more effective than chemicals.

Yeah, I sure wouldn`t expect the decon chemicals to just wash it off. But with any luck they would soften the foam and/or lessen the bond so it comes off easier.

While it might not be even remotely similar, this reminds me of how I had incredibly good results using a combo of FK1119 and clay on some highway lane paint that had been on the car in question for ages; the FK1119 softened it up just enough that the clay could get it off.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Finish Kare Decon system

Did Finish Kare discontinue it`s ABC product? Can`t find it now.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Finish Kare Decon system

It would be a huge shame if they did. :-(

Nothing was easier to me than washing three times rather than claying a whole car and claying doesn`t get rid of all the contamination
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information