Post Thanks / Like
    Just purchased a new car and am trying to decide between the optimum and zaino products. Sorry I hope you guys will bare with me here it`s been a while since i`ve researched any new products.

On my old vehicle i was using the Klasse AIO twins but the application was such a PITA that it`s time for me to find something new.

First I am a little confused about the Zaino system. The kit they sell online includes Z2 and Z5, but both seem to serve the same purpose. Are these supposed to be used together?

I am seeing pretty good things about the Optimum products. Can i use OOS on top of Z2/Z5, or do i need to stick with the Zaino system? Can i use OCW yet on top of that?

Lastly, for new paint, is it even necessary to go with an abrasive cleaner at this point? Or can i just wash and use OOS or Zaino CS?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Post Thanks / Like
    Stick with a single system. IMO, the Optimum system is much easier to work with.

ONR for washes

OID for touchups and extra gloss

Polyseal as a awesome 1 step to remove light swirls

Opti-seal is a very easy to use sealant that works

OCW as a great and easy to use wax

The Zaino will look a bit brighter/more blingy but its harder to use, more expensive and its protective abilities are debatable. Sal says it best, its a "Show Car Polish" Optimum is great for a daily driver.

Post Thanks / Like
    Any reason you choose Optimum or Zaino? Just curious. I like Four Star stuff myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Danase
    Any reason you choose Optimum or Zaino? Just curious. I like Four Star stuff myself.

Both get lots of press even though they aren`t in any way connected to this site? :nervous2:

Post Thanks / Like
    I am leaning toward glass coating for long lasting paint protection. Carnauba wax and polymer sealant are not as hard as glass-based coating.
    YS

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Clean
    I am leaning toward glass coating for long lasting paint protection. Carnauba wax and polymer sealant are not as hard as glass-based coating.

What exactly is a glass based coating? Can you give an example of this type of coating. As for the response to the OP, keep it simple and choose a good paint sealant. IMO, the difference between the best manufacturers is marginal. Of course the best thing you can do for your car`s paint, is to properly wash it on a regular basis. One can even use OCW while drying to protect paint. OCW layers up very nicely after a few quick applications while drying.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been using the Zaino system for years and it`s great for a daily driver. Last year, while we were planning our wedding I had limited time to spend with my car and Zaino seemed to last forever with biweekly washes, and I would alternate z6 and z8 with every wash. I prefer z5 on lighter colors and z2 on darker colors. If the car is clean and swirl free you won`t need aio or zpc. Clearseal is also an option if you are looking to save time, assuming you are starting with a clean car. I like to apply cs over a base coat of z2 or zaio, but it is not necessary. I would at least wash and clay the car though so you are starting with a really clean, smooth surface.......and maintain after each wash with z6 or z8. Also, a little product goes a long way, so bottles should last you a while.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brwill2005
    What exactly is a glass based coating? Can you give an example of this type of coating. As for the response to the OP, keep it simple and choose a good paint sealant. IMO, the difference between the best manufacturers is marginal. Of course the best thing you can do for your car`s paint, is to properly wash it on a regular basis. One can even use OCW while drying to protect paint. OCW layers up very nicely after a few quick applications while drying.
    Here is one of the market leaders in this segment. Home

You can layer it over the previous coat for better protection and shine.
    YS

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shortskoolbus
    Just purchased a new car and am trying to decide between the optimum and zaino products.

This product is proving to be very durable so far:

http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-det...st-review.html

But, you can`t go wrong with the Zaino system. It`s a very unique product line that I absolutely love using. :up
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Clean
    Here is one of the market leaders in this segment. Home

You can layer it over the previous coat for better protection and shine.

It looks like a great website, but I believe it`s been written in Canadian, and I can`t read it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Crystal Guard seems like it might be a lot like Nanoskin. Which creates a sol-gel, and is very hydrophobic and long lasting. Good luck, and let us know how the product works out for you.

John

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. I think I`ll try out the Optimum products then

Being a new car, can I just use OOS and then top with OCW? Or do i need to apply something else before the OOS?

Thread Information