Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteStripes
    If an Autopian Detailer, or say another non-approved by OPT detailer were to bring you a car they had personally prepped, would you apply the coating after inspecting it to meet your standards at least?

I can`t speak for Picus and I can only assume, but I would never do such a thing... 1. you don`t know what exactly the other person`s idea of "prep" is and 2. you don`t know what`s actually on the paint after the "prepping"... meaning it`s not properly prepped for the Opti-Coating
    <p class="bbc_center">Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">(773) 715-4198</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">info@lustrdetail.com</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">www.LUSTRDetail.com
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LUSTR
    I can`t speak for Picus and I can only assume, but I would never do such a thing... 1. you don`t know what exactly the other person`s idea of "prep" is and 2. you don`t know what`s actually on the paint after the "prepping"... meaning it`s not properly prepped for the Opti-Coating

That makes sense.

I however was thinking along the lines of a full correction using whatever that particular detailer wanted to use (SIP/85rd, 105/205, etc), and then of course an IPA wipe down or wash upon arriving to have the coating applied.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really don`t think this type of coating is meant for the car/detailing enthusiast. It`s more for the people who don`t have the time or desire to wax a car on a regular basis, let alone polish one.

Post Thanks / Like
    That makes sense.

I however was thinking along the lines of a full correction using whatever that particular detailer wanted to use (SIP/85rd, 105/205, etc), and then of course an IPA wipe down or wash upon arriving to have the coating applied.

I understood what you meant. My point however is that unless you did all that in front of me (even then I wouldn`t be as eager to apply it) I have no proof of what you have done. If you`re my brother, or cousin or best friend, basically at a level where I can trust you 100% (in other words if you`re someone where if you say I did it wrong, and maybe even sue me, I`ll kick your a$$ and change your mind) then it`s fine and I`ll do it going by your word. Otherwise it`s simply a bad business decision IMO. Same reason I wouldn`t do a polishing step on a car that a client will wash, clay, drive over, and seal after I`m done with it (was asked to do this twice by the way!). Either I do it or I don`t do it.
    <p class="bbc_center">Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">(773) 715-4198</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">info@lustrdetail.com</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">www.LUSTRDetail.com
    Chicago, Illinois

Â`</p>
    <p class="bbc_center">Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Post Thanks / Like
    If an Autopian Detailer, or say another non-approved by OPT detailer were to bring you a car they had personally prepped, would you apply the coating after inspecting it to meet your standards at least?

Quote Originally Posted by LUSTR

I agree with LUSTR. If I`m not the one doing the prep I don`t want to be the one applying OC (or anything else for that matter). I do see where you`re coming from, WhiteStripes, but at this point I don`t want to take any chances with a these products. Why? Well even though I`ve tried to make it clear to the people I`ve used OC for that I can not warranty it; the nature of the product itself implies at the very minimum a decent amount of durability; so when I apply it I want to make sure it`s done properly.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelM
    I really don`t think this type of coating is meant for the car/detailing enthusiast. It`s more for the people who don`t have the time or desire to wax a car on a regular basis, let alone polish one.

When this product first came out I thought to myself why would I ever want that? Now I`m not sure I`d want to be without it!

Working full time and detailing part time does make it hard to find the time to work on my own car these days, so it`s definitely nice having the coating for me. It makes cleaning easier and it also stays looking nice longer. It`s definitely not for everyone though and I`m curious to see how it hold up to marring in the long run.

Post Thanks / Like
    It seems like everyone is making a big fuss over OptiCoat application. I consider myself to be just a regular Autopian enthusiast that likes to keep his car looking good and spends more than I should chasing different hyped products. My 1999 GS400 daily driver receives an ONR wash anywhere from 1-3 times per week, gets clayed about once a year, and I try to polish with a PC at least every other year but I am still pretty much a novice. I just want a nice looking ride with a minimal amount of hard work (I don`t consider an ONR wash much work at all). I took my car to Integrity Detail and Chris looked it over and said all it needed was some very minor spot paint correction, a final polish, and then applied the OptiCoat. It did not cost an arm and a leg and has been everything it has been hyped to be after only a few weeks.

I say just bring your cleaned up ride to someone, let them do whatever prep is needed (shouldn`t be much for most regular Autopians) and try out OptiCoat. If durability is even in the ball park of what has been discussed I will be thrilled. No doubt whatsoever that the car cleans up much easier and need washing less often. There are times I have driven in downpours and then the next day I wonder how it can still look so good ..... I think the water and the dirt both sheet right off during the rain. I am very curious how it will do during pollen season next year....I am thinking it might make a big difference.

Sign me

Happy Camper

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OutlawTitan

There are times I have driven in downpours and then the next day I wonder how it can still look so good ..... I think the water and the dirt both sheet right off during the rain. I am very curious how it will do during pollen season next year....I am thinking it might make a big difference.

Sign me

Happy Camper

Yeah, the rain definitely cleans it up a lot more and it seems to move most of the dust where you would normally still have a dust spotted car. It`s not freshly washed clean, but it`s definitely a noticeable difference compared to traditional waxes/sealants. LOL, I`m actually not that upset when it rains now!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll be putting my Opti-Coated vehicle through the touchless tunnel wash. It does a good job of blow drying at the end. So no swirl marks or watermarks for me as I won`t be touching the paint.

And this product is a set and forget option. Not for everyone on this forum, but good for millions of others.

Post Thanks / Like
    So I`m getting my car re-conditioned and then Opti-Coated by Josh @ Flawless Finish Mobile Detailing this Sunday. I think we may be the very first in San Diego to have this Opti-Coat done too. Josh is a great guy and he only charged me extra for the Opti-Coat itself, which makes sense since the prep work is the same as applying any other sealant or coating. I see no reason to try this product even if you like to detail your car every few months. Just apply your sealant of choice over the Opti-Coat when the time comes, yeah?

Flawless Finish Detail - Home

I`ll try to remember to take before and after pics too.

Post Thanks / Like
    The prep work is the same, but the application does take a little more time. Either way, that`s a good deal. Have fun w/it; it`s continuing to impress me.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you guys confirm if you can indeed just apply another sealant over the Opti-Coat after a few months? Like treat the Opti-Coat as clearcoat?

Post Thanks / Like
    C2 is a product that you can use and get about 8 months out of it. It is one of the new coatings

Quote Originally Posted by MDRX8
    I`ll stick with Gtechniq Crystal Lacquer Coating C1 --- Exterior Coatings // G|Techniq Looks awesome.
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MDRX8
    C2 is a product that you can use and get about 8 months out of it. It is one of the new coatings
    C2 is more sealant than coating in terms of application and durability, especially since it can be diluted to be a QD. It utilizes similar technology to C1, but it surely isn`t in the same league (and category IMO).

Post Thanks / Like
    My friend has a black H3 that he actually goes off roading with--ummm would OC be a bad product? will I even have enough to cover it? myconcern is that he`s the branches folliage and the crap in the rivers and lakes etc will scrape it up and make it pointless...

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread Information