Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    About 10 days ago I drove about 100 miles to have Integrity Detail apply the OptiCoat to my 1999 GS400. After he finished the application my car was in 95+ degree heat for maybe 1-2 hours before I picked it up and drove back to Nashville. About half way home I passed a semi that was spewing diesel fuel all over the road and it covered my car. I was freaking out thinking that diesel fuel was a solvent that might ruin my new OptiCoat treatment since it had not had 12 hours to fully cure. I called Chris and he told me to pull over asap and get a MF towel wet, wring it out, and lightly wipe off the diesel fuel the best I could. I did that and waited until the next morning and did an ONR wash. If my OptiCoat was compromised in anyway I sure can`t tell it. It looks great, beads like nothing I have ever seen, and I am totally thrilled with the product. Although it has only been 10 days and 3 ONR washes I can tell you that all of the claims made on this site appear to be exactly what I have experienced to date.

Looks like I have lots of products I won`t need for a few years.....LOL!

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, guys. Where can I get this stuff? Still not available to regular consumers?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by not_a_virus.exe
    Okay, guys. Where can I get this stuff? Still not available to regular consumers?

this coating is not offered to the general public and is only sold to licensed and insured professional detailers

I don`t believe Optimum has any plans to make it available to the general public...having applied it myself now I can understand why.

Post Thanks / Like
    Keep us updated! I`ve applied Opti Coat to many vehicles now and every customer has been more than happy with the results. There are a lot of vehicles that have had the coating on for several months now and they are still holding up great.
    Obsessive Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaskyR1
    I don`t believe Optimum has any plans to make it available to the general public...having applied it myself now I can understand why.

Correct, there is no plans in the future for the product to be available for the general public, there are just too many liability issues. This product is designed for professional application and does have a slight learning curve. If you are a detailing enthusiast without a business, I would contact a reputable detail shop and have them apply the coating for you.
    Obsessive Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    Figured this thread should see the light of day again.

Wondering about how this would work on headlights that have been resurfaced to remove yellowing. I know a lot of people incorrectly repaint their lights with cheap krylon clear after sanding them which just ends up making them lose clarity. This stuff could potentially be a real solution to preventing them from eventually fading again after a good repair. Definitely an easier solution than having them re-cleared by a professional painter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Man, I`ve been calling around so many detailers in San Diego, and no one is able to order and apply this sealant for me. Either they "just won`t do it" or they "can`t order it." What the deuce???

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by not_a_virus.exe
    Man, I`ve been calling around so many detailers in San Diego, and no one is able to order and apply this sealant for me. Either they "just won`t do it" or they "can`t order it." What the deuce???

If you find a detailer that is willing to apply the coating, they can order it directly from me if they are a registered business.
    Obsessive Detail

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteStripes
    Figured this thread should see the light of day again.

Wondering about how this would work on headlights that have been resurfaced to remove yellowing. I know a lot of people incorrectly repaint their lights with cheap krylon clear after sanding them which just ends up making them lose clarity. This stuff could potentially be a real solution to preventing them from eventually fading again after a good repair. Definitely an easier solution than having them re-cleared by a professional painter.

It works just as you would expect - as a substitute for the plastic clear on the lights. Well, at least it has in my experience. It`s also really nice on faded/yellowed clear bras.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    guys... don`t believe ANY of this nonesense... THEY`RE ALL LIES~!! EVERY WORD If you really want to know the truth about what he REALLY used...and how he did it, here it is.... HE`S A WITCH~!!! IT`S MAGIC~!!! MAGIC I TELL YOU~!!!

Seriously considering getting this done to one of my family cars to see if i like it...if i do maybe get the other two as well?

In terms of business use... what would you say would be the cost to get this done to a customers car? (prep and all)

and what types of customers would you recommend this to? (if the customer tells you they want to kind of `set it and forget it` for like 2 years?)

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m offering it only on new cars (as an addition to a new car prep), I add an hour of prep time then the cost of the product. I normally don`t bother with product cost but being as this isn`t cheap I`m including the cost. So far I`ve applied to DDs of previous clients, most of whom have weekend/fun cars I also work on. I may start to offer it on non-new cars, but the bulk of the cost there would be the prep. I`m not going to put OC on anything but perfect paint, I don`t really see the point.
    Click here to see what I`ve been working on, or here to see my YouTube page!

Post Thanks / Like
    sooooo about 4-500 bux?

Optimum Product Support Chris@Optimum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OutlawTitan
    About 10 days ago I drove about 100 miles to have Integrity Detail apply the OptiCoat to my 1999 GS400. After he finished the application my car was in 95+ degree heat for maybe 1-2 hours before I picked it up and drove back to Nashville. About half way home I passed a semi that was spewing diesel fuel all over the road and it covered my car. I was freaking out thinking that diesel fuel was a solvent that might ruin my new OptiCoat treatment since it had not had 12 hours to fully cure. I called Chris and he told me to pull over asap and get a MF towel wet, wring it out, and lightly wipe off the diesel fuel the best I could. I did that and waited until the next morning and did an ONR wash. If my OptiCoat was compromised in anyway I sure can`t tell it. It looks great, beads like nothing I have ever seen, and I am totally thrilled with the product. Although it has only been 10 days and 3 ONR washes I can tell you that all of the claims made on this site appear to be exactly what I have experienced to date.

Looks like I have lots of products I won`t need for a few years.....LOL!

Jim, I`m glad you are pleased! If any of the rest of you guys from TN need help with application or need it on your vehicles, just give me a call.

Chris

Post Thanks / Like
    This is an impressive report and it`s an impressive looking product. I`d be mighty interested to try it out.

In the experience of guys who have used it on dark cars how do you find it`s resistance to wash marring etc... It looks fantastic on silver but my pickup for example has quite soft black paint and needs polishing at least a couple of times a year as a result.

Does anyone know of any that has been sent `downunder` yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll stick with Gtechniq Crystal Lacquer Coating C1 --- Exterior Coatings // G|Techniq Looks awesome.
    MDRX8

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread Information