Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Chris (Integrity Detail) polished my car and applied OptiCoat right at 6 months ago. I had very few swirls but a couple of deep scratches on my paint. The swirls were polished out and the scratches were diminished but still there before application. I wash with ONR at least weekly (even with salt all over the car) and still have no swirls and a couple of deep scratches. It continually amazes me how much easier the car (especially wheels) cleans up with the OptiCoat. I have applied OptiSeal a couple of times (since it only takes about 5 minutes) but honestly can`t really tell that it has improved the look more than 2-5% and can`t even tell if it is there or not after a few washes.....but I can sure tell the OptiCoat is still there.

I am very curious how the OptiCoat will perform during pollen season.....won`t be too much longer before I find out.

I must also add that OptiCoat has disappointed me in one respect (and this is only because it has so far exceeded all other expectations). Less than 60 days before I had the OptiCoat applied I had replaced my windshield and it was in very good condition except for one tiny spot on the passenger side. Quite frankly I liked the Klasse Twins on my windshield more than OptiCoat.....not quite sure what it is but it just doesn`t seem to sheet water, clean up, or look as good. A small price to pay in my opinion.

Probably still the best money I have spent on detailing for my car to date....and I have spent plenty.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to see some more long term reviews!

I need to try and get some testimonials out of my clients who had me apply it.

Optimum Product Support Chris@Optimum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I very glad you are satisfied especially after leaving my house and getting behind that truck, whew!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by integritydetail
    Opti Coat is a clear coat. It is not a nano sealant. It is not scratch proof. The benefits are that it contains polymers that, when cured (dehydrated) have a hardness approaching 9H, it has truly unparalleled hydrophobic properties and is extremely resistant to contaminants. You gain some thickness and some UV protection for your existing paintwork thus prolonging it`s life and if you need to polish, you will be removing swirls in the coating layer instead of the actual car finish. I`m not sure what kind of unrealistic expectations some of you have thinking it should be bulletproof and you can now wash with a scotch bright pad or something. It is verifiably harder than any currently used clear coat which give you a significant margin of error, but you should still take care practicing safe cleaning and not use it as an excuse to do shotty work or start using tunnel washes that see hundreds of cars per day using the same wash media.

Is this 9H the pencil hardness or the Mohs hardness scale?

Also how has the UV protection been measured? do you have a quantifiable number?

I`m just trying to get the facts as I`m selling this to customers and I need to know it very well.

Cheers,

GREG
    Reflections Detailing of Utah
    "Detailing for the Discerning owner"
    State of Utahs most experienced detailing detailer
    Meguiars/Ford Detailing team SEMA 2010, 2011

duPont Registry Endorsed Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    My Dad`s 2004 Accord still looks phenomenal, 15 full months after applying Opti-Coat. Still has tight beading all over the car.

This is how it looked after a recent ONR wash (he mostly conventionally washes his cars, sometimes uses ONR). He says the car is noticeably easier to wash since the coating was applied, and while doing an ONR wash, the dirt practically flew off the car as soon as the wash media touched it.

www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Next time pick a black company car so we can REALLY see how it looks! :p

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t come around here enough I guess. Really an awesome contribution to the site. Now I need to find me a shop to apply the coating to my new GTI!

Post Thanks / Like
    Before our company started using Opti-Coat I coated 1/3 of my own hood with Opti-Coat, 1/3 with Car Glow`s PTEF sealant, and 1/3 with Cherry Wax by Pro. We washed the car for 6 months using ONR. All three held up very well for the 1st 3 months mostly due to the fact that ONR is a very gentle cleaner. The PTEF seal held up for the full six months almost as well as the Opti. Up to this point I was holding judgement and not selling the product to the public because I wanted to offer a warranty with it, but didn`t want to fall into the snake oil sales group. Well then the day finally came. There was a leak coming through our concrete ceiling so I parked the car under it knowing that it would etch the paint something horrible! I then parked it out in the sun for the remainder of the day. The next day we pulled it in to wash it. We soaked it with ONR let it sit for roughly 20 seconds. When we wiped you could clearly see that the water spots had etched everywhere but where the Opti had been! Success! Needless to say we are now offering Opti-Coat services in San Diego!
    San Diego`s Finest Auto Detail Company

Check us out online!

www.5pointdetail.com

http://www.yelp.com/biz/5-point-mobi...il-san-diego-3

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pointadam
    Before our company started using Opti-Coat I coated 1/3 of my own hood with Opti-Coat, 1/3 with Car Glow`s PTEF sealant, and 1/3 with Cherry Wax by Pro. We washed the car for 6 months using ONR. All three held up very well for the 1st 3 months mostly due to the fact that ONR is a very gentle cleaner. The PTEF seal held up for the full six months almost as well as the Opti. Up to this point I was holding judgement and not selling the product to the public because I wanted to offer a warranty with it, but didn`t want to fall into the snake oil sales group. Well then the day finally came. There was a leak coming through our concrete ceiling so I parked the car under it knowing that it would etch the paint something horrible! I then parked it out in the sun for the remainder of the day. The next day we pulled it in to wash it. We soaked it with ONR let it sit for roughly 20 seconds. When we wiped you could clearly see that the water spots had etched everywhere but where the Opti had been! Success! Needless to say we are now offering Opti-Coat services in San Diego!

I`ve been using it for almost 6 months now. Since most clients you sell this product to WONT use ONR, they will run it through a touch-less which is much more harsh chemical wise. OC has held up great for me in a touch-less. I even sprayed Opti clean on the panels allowed to dwell.............no problem. ONR will leave behind some polymers that will aid in hydrophobic effects, so that would be a hard true comparison.

Cheers,

GREG
    Reflections Detailing of Utah
    "Detailing for the Discerning owner"
    State of Utahs most experienced detailing detailer
    Meguiars/Ford Detailing team SEMA 2010, 2011

duPont Registry Endorsed Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, yeah, after we coated the entire car we washed it with our mild degreaser about 5 times. The coating is as good as new!
    San Diego`s Finest Auto Detail Company

Check us out online!

www.5pointdetail.com

http://www.yelp.com/biz/5-point-mobi...il-san-diego-3

Post Thanks / Like
    But the larger question is when can people buy Opti-coating? I detail on the side and this might fill some niches....These are not $150 detail jobs either.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been testing an alternate "permanent coating" recently and am very impressed with the results, but as the guy above mentioned these products are expensive and you got to jump through a few hoops to get em

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mburnickas
    But the larger question is when can people buy Opti-coating? I detail on the side and this might fill some niches....These are not $150 detail jobs either.

I believe the powers that be said sometime in this quarter, OptiCoat would be available for "personal" use. Would be nice to see if that date holds up, there isnt much time left in this quarter

Optimum Product Support Chris@Optimum's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JReed
    I`ve been testing an alternate "permanent coating" recently and am very impressed with the results, but as the guy above mentioned these products are expensive and you got to jump through a few hoops to get em

No hoops to jump through for Opti Coat. Just a waiver to sign for those with a detailing business. Feel free to PM me and it can be on it`s way to you tomorrow. The problem those with complaints are running into is that they are trying to buy without the credentials we require. The new version will bridge the gap.

Sent from my ViP4 viaTapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    People, Optimum will be releasing a consumer version of Opti-Coat. Can`t say when for sure but it will be soon. So if you want to use Opti-Coat for your personal use nows the chance.

You all know Dr. G, he is always improving his products and working on new ones.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread Information