Thread: Wolfgang Series

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey all,

First post here, and I`m doing an order soon. I have been searching around this site along with others such as Autogeek, since this summer is going to be my first time detailing and, naturally, I currently own a black car, so I have my work cut out for me. It`s a decently new paint job, but my dad recently slaughtered it by scrubbing it down with an old dirty wash brush... scratches and swirls galore... sigh....

Anyway, onto the product discussion. I`m planning on ordering the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Total Concours Kit, the Polishin` Pal combo, the Plastik Lense cleaners, and the Wolfgang Duo & PC 7424 deal.

Before I order it, I just wanted to know, from your opinions, if the Wolfgang series is good for a beginner. I realize that`s a decently big order, but at the moment I can afford it, since it should last me a while.

I also ordered a 16 oz bottle of ONR, OCW and a few Cobra MFs to keep me set until the summer hits to get detailing.

Sorry for the mini-story in product discussion though! If anyone could chip in some reviews on Wolfgang, some suggestions, and some tips (other than those posted here, I`ve looked over a LOT of information here in the past week. Very helpful site) I`d be very thankful.

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought the Wolfgang kit along with a Flex back in the spring. I was basically a beginner to both the Flex and Wolfgang line. Both did well imo.

I was pretty nervous at the beginning, but that all went away. Just TAKE YOUR TIME with your project. Also, read as much as you can here on detailing. There`s a lot of information in the search function on just about anything you may want to know on detailing and different combos.

Also, a tip... Don`t start with the most aggressive pad on your paint. With my Flex, I started with a white pad and could`ve worked my way back to the orange and most aggressive yellow pad if need be. The white did the trick so I didn`t need to go more aggressive.

If you go too aggressive right off the bat it could mean trouble.

Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wolfgang polishes are good for starter and pro, i presume you mean the 3.0 versions? They are Menzerna formulas and IME tend to dust less.

The Sealant (3.0) is easy to use and lasts along time and remains looking good for the lenght it protects.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, the 3.0 versions.

Thanks for the tip on the pads, and for the feedback on the products.

Thread Information