Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I was in the car dealership the other day and saw the sticker for "never wax again" I couldn`t help but be curious. I asked the sales guy and he said its a teflon coating and its warranted for 5 yrs. I am very skeptical and just curious what everyone thinks about this stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Teflon is not a viable paint protectant. You are right to be skeptical and the sales guy is either an idiot or in on the scam.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plenty of threads on the subject of dealer "teflon coatings." I think there`s one started almost every other day. They all end the same way: don`t waste your money.

Post Thanks / Like
    For a teflon coating to be applied onto the paint, it would be heated past the point of the paint melting off of the car. The only good product sold at dealerships is Matrix Micro Coatings. Xzilon, Resist-All, and others are all a scam.

John

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it the TST5000? I have a bottle of that and I dont believe it will last five years, but I would not pay $500 to have it applied on a new car. I guess is not bad, but not superb either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnKleven
    The only good product sold at dealerships is Matrix Micro Coatings. Xzilon, Resist-All, and others are all a scam.

John

What others dealer sealants have your personally tried in comparison? Aren`t you an application center for Matrix?
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

TheDetailingHandBook.com Mikeyc's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    What others dealer sealants have your personally tried in comparison? Aren`t you an application center for Matrix?

According to his website he is:

New Car Protection

I like your free loaner car service BTW. That`s a nice touch! :up

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup, and I have tried them all. And don`t worry, I`m not trying to sell this product to anyone here, as I can`t sell it to detailers anyways. There were a few other interesting products I saw at SEMA this year, but they were marketed towards detailers unlike all the other products that are marketed towards auto dealerships. I now only train dealerships how to apply the Matrix coating.

John

Post Thanks / Like
    However, if you could figure out how to get teflon on a car, it would be like a nonstick frying pan, and would be very easy to clean.

John

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup, and I have tried them all.

Which ones? "All" is a pretty broad statement. Maybe you`ve tried enough to make the conclusion that Matrix is the best choice?

Post Thanks / Like
    Matrix seems like a typical glass coat from asia - like the G´zox, or glazcoat as they call it in the states G`ZOX Armor Glazcoat(TM)

Post Thanks / Like
    The TST stuff was pretty lousy when I had it on on a new vehicle, but that was back in the late `80s.

Post Thanks / Like
    Let`s put it this way. Any coating that gives a warranty for x amount of years, but comes with a refresher pack so you must reapply the product, is a hoax in my book. If they`re going to warranty a product for 3 years, but you have to reapply the product every six months to keep your warranty, then you`re really not warrantying anything. A 3 year, or 5 year warranty should last for 3 or 5 years. Period.

John

Post Thanks / Like
    What are the excuses that Matrix provides when it doesn`t live up to its claims?

Post Thanks / Like
    Let`s put it this way. Any coating that gives a warranty for x amount of years, but comes with a refresher pack so you must reapply the product, is a hoax in my book. If they`re going to warranty a product for 3 years, but you have to reapply the product every six months to keep your warranty, then you`re really not warrantying anything. A 3 year, or 5 year warranty should last for 3 or 5 years. Period.

John

If you have to reapply it every 6months, well I can do that at a fraction of the cost with UPGP or Opti-Seal to name a few.
    BespokeCarDetailing and AeroCleanse, LLC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information