Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looking for something that has the fake plasticy look and some depth. Have a car that the Z-6 looks really good on. Already have/tried UQD, OID, FK425, AW they all look decent, but don`t have that really blingy plastic laminated look.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yakky
    Looking for something that has the fake plasticy look and some depth. Have a car that the Z-6 looks really good on. Already have/tried UQD, OID, FK425, AW they all look decent, but don`t have that really blingy plastic laminated look.

Try Duragloss Fast Clean & Shine. Many think it is very similar to Z6. I have, and use both, and will probably use the duragloss going forward.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mobenzowner
    Try Duragloss Fast Clean & Shine. Many think it is very similar to Z6. I have, and use both, and will probably use the duragloss going forward.

My main concern is the looks, is it very similar?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve posted this before, when we were in Fredricksburg last year for our 1st detailing get together, we compared Z6 to 921. We all came to the same conclusion, they are the same product. Not similar, but the same. I get 921 at Carquest in Leesburg by the way, $20 a gallon. The Carquest on Market street behind the Goodyear. They don`t stock it, just tell em what you want, they can get any Duragloss item you want and have it for you the very next day.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaning Fool
    I`ve posted this before, when we were in Fredricksburg last year for our 1st detailing get together, we compared Z6 to 921. We all came to the same conclusion, they are the same product. Not similar, but the same. I get 921 at Carquest in Leesburg by the way, $20 a gallon. The Carquest on Market street behind the Goodyear. They don`t stock it, just tell em what you want, they can get any Duragloss item you want and have it for you the very next day.

Interesting, are you getting it at some special deal for $20/gallon or is that the normal price?

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you saying that they look alike, or are you saying they are the exact same chemical compound?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mborner
    Are you saying that they look alike, or are you saying they are the exact same chemical compound?

Im saying they look they same, they smell the same and they perform the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting, are you getting it at some special deal for $20/gallon or is that the normal price?

They give me a discount off list price but they do that with all there customers. Good guys that work there. Im sure they would give you a good price to. Go in and ask them. Im the Fed Ex guy in Leesburg, so Im in there all the time.

Post Thanks / Like
    They give me a discount off list price but they do that with all there customers. Good guys that work there. Im sure they would give you a good price to. Go in and ask them. Im the Fed Ex guy in Leesburg, so Im in there all the time.

Oh man... I`m not having anymore detailing supplies sent via Fedex. That`s like letting a crack addict handle product :p

Post Thanks / Like

The list price at the DG site is $26.50, sure beats the crap out of Z6 at $10 for 16 oz.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would think that Z8 would be what you are looking for, Its got that Z look, just more of it compared to Z6

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by duke727
    I would think that Z8 would be what you are looking for, Its got that Z look, just more of it compared to Z6

Although Z8 is not a QD, you can alternate between Z6 and Z8.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im saying they look they same, they smell the same and they perform the same.

But do they taste the same? Filet Mignon and chuck steak look the same but taste different.

Post Thanks / Like
    Autogeek sells the gallon for $24.99 so I bought 2 last time they had 20% and free shipping.

Post Thanks / Like
    I never use z6 for lsp. I have z8 for that. Looks fantastic.

DG and Z6 do not smell the same. Similar but not the same. Z6 also has better/stronger cleaning ability. m2c

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information