Post Thanks / Like
    Hey y`all,

Been a while since I`ve been on here. I think I made a big mistake when I bought pads... I got the 5.5" CCS LC pads. I don`t really like them a whole lot. They seem to keep the polish in the dimples and it doesn`t ever seem to completely work the polish all the way. Anybody else have the same problem? I really don`t like to use them on the doors and stuff like that because it doesn`t seem to cover the door real well. Is there something I`m doing wrong? Do I apply pressure or not? The scratches don`t want to come out of the paint very well at all. I`m using an orange pad and XMT 3 intermediate scratch remover. Should I use the tougher stuff? I just don`t really know what to do anymore. And, what other size pads should I get? 5.5" don`t really work on the fenders and such with all the contours on a Jeep... Any help is appreciated guys.

Thanks!

HookEmHorns

Post Thanks / Like
    I *hate* the CCS pads! I used my 6.5 inch ones once, and they have been in storage since. They just didn`t seem to work well for me.

I prefer the flat pads, and yes, I would also recommend 5.5", nothing bigger. I assume you are using a DA polisher?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. Porter Cable 7424XP. I like the polisher, but those pads don`t work well at all. I bought a bunch of them too, bad idea. Guess I got something to put on the wishlist for santa. haha. What would you recommend for the smaller areas that a 5.5" pad won`t sit level on (fenders, doors, etc.)? I don`t really know what to use on those and that is where I am having the most problems.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HookEmHorns
    Yes. Porter Cable 7424XP. I like the polisher, but those pads don`t work well at all. I bought a bunch of them too, bad idea. Guess I got something to put on the wishlist for santa. haha. What would you recommend for the smaller areas that a 5.5" pad won`t sit level on (fenders, doors, etc.)? I don`t really know what to use on those and that is where I am having the most problems.

Same here. Pads don`t work really. Too bad just a waste of money. :woot:

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea when they first hit the market all the "Top Dog" Detailers on here talked them up like they were the next holy grail to detailing and every detailer on the planet pro or weekened warrior alike just must have these in their arsenal otherwise you were doing things old school and hackish...... A few months later they all shut up about these stupid pads and we all see why. Their junk... Almost every place that carries them has them on clearance to get them out of stock. When you buy "Kits" now they seem to stuff these pads into the kits I assume again just to get them off the shelves. Just another lesson as to why you have to look through all the hype before you leap onto the bandwagon. Some of these pro`s get paid to push garbage. Other`s know better and just tell it like it is and let you the ultimate consumer make an informed decscion.
    -Jake Bright Dynamics Auto Spa.

Post Thanks / Like
    The pads aren`t all that bad. Not the best, but you can still work with them. The XMT 3 won`t really do much for you either. What car is this on? I had problems removing swirls from a civic with xmt3 when I first started detailing. Try out Menzerna SIP or Megs 105 with the 5.5ccs pad and you`ll probably see better results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakerooni
    Yea when they first hit the market all the "Top Dog" Detailers on here talked them up like they were the next holy grail to detailing and every detailer on the planet pro or weekened warrior alike just must have these in their arsenal otherwise you were doing things old school and hackish...... A few months later they all shut up about these stupid pads and we all see why. Their junk... Almost every place that carries them has them on clearance to get them out of stock. When you buy "Kits" now they seem to stuff these pads into the kits I assume again just to get them off the shelves. Just another lesson as to why you have to look through all the hype before you leap onto the bandwagon. Some of these pro`s get paid to push garbage. Other`s know better and just tell it like it is and let you the ultimate consumer make an informed decscion.

Yupp...soooo true. Wait out the hype, it usually dies down within a year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakerooni

Couldn`t have said it better myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    So why are they bad?

Post Thanks / Like
    good ole` flat pads always worked for me...

Post Thanks / Like
    awww crap i have some coming in on monday...i`ll try them out and order some flat ones in the mean time i guess

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tkblazer
    awww crap i have some coming in on monday...i`ll try them out and order some flat ones in the mean time i guess

You could alway`s send them back and get a cridite for them and buy another brand...Lc or festool pads are the one`s I perfer:woohoo:

Post Thanks / Like
    I found a local shop here that sells only 2 color

flat pads. Blue @ yellow. I picked both them up.

I have a yellow one, from a different vendor. It`s like 6 inches thick.

It`s ridiculous. Works horrible. I have the dimple

pads that came with the Flex. I don`t think they`re

that bad. Where are you guys buying the flat ones from?

I have an orange ccs pad that`s getting thrown out.

That was my go to one.

Thread Information