Post Thanks / Like
    hydrotech orange pad, and menzerna power finish

HTorange -

I head rumors from Ryan that it doesn`t like soft paint...well, I`ll confirm that rumor! tried it out on a honda today, the pad literally almost stopped spinning where other pads blazed through! It was really grabby and sticky, kinda hard to control! I can see where this pad would work really well on a harder paint. However, with that said, the finish was much better with one pass with menzerna power finish with a hydro-tech orange than a green uber with menzerna power finish, but the green Uber flowed better and had much more control. So while the green didn`t remove as many defects, it allowed me to work MUCH more comfortably!!

menzerna power finish-

What can I say besides thank you to Got_Leather (DJ MAYO) for turning me on to this product! Its really the best single step polish I have used!! cuts like SIP, finishes better than 205 in one step! I use FPII for a final polish, so while it doesn`t beat that product, it is now my go to single step polish after claying!!! I will be stocking up on this product and letting go of my 205 stock!!!

my usually process was a combination of the following:

sip

fpII

or 105

FPII

now, I think it will be 105, power finish, FPII and I will achiece better than ever results!!!

Thanks to detailed image for the product, and DJ for the recommendation!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Although I don`t use it much (don`t know why) Power Finish is a great product, however, when I do use it, I have been finishing it off with 85rd and have been getting outstanding results.
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner
    Northeast Auto Reflections
    Detail Spa and Mobile Wash, LLC
    www.northeastautoreflections.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea I`ve tested a few samples of Mezerna stuff. Really liked it but I for some reason have never ordered any of it. Maybe because at the time I got the samples I really wasn`t in need. and by the time I was again I just forgot. I really should look into that product line again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the review toyotaguy...

Not sure if you saw the post I made on another thread regarding the Hydro-tech pads or not, but I agree that they are not the best on soft paint. I find them to work best on harder paints by rotary and don`t care for them via PC much.

As with anything, your not going to find one single pad or product that is going to work perfect on all paints. Wait until you try it on a harder clear and you will be pleasantly surprised. I detail a ton of newer BMW`s and Corvette`s and these pads are a huge timesaver.

As for Power Finish, if I could only choose one polish to use for everything, it would definitely my choice. It works amazing via rotary or RO, has great cut (pad dependant), great working time and finishes off amazing.

PF on a black lambs wool pad or Hydro-tech via rotary is incredible for removing heavy defects and leaves a surprisingly great finish...

PF on an orange pad via PC is an unbelievable 1-step polish too!

It`s definitely the most versatile product I`ve ever used and love it!

Jakerooni- If you haven`t tried Menzerna polishes yet, you are definitely missing out. If you PM me your address, I`d be happy to send you a few samples...

Post Thanks / Like
    I also have the IP, SIP, Powergloss, 85RD, FMJ, Finishing Glaze. I like the Menzerna line up because there are no silicones in their products....very much like the 3M for light/dark colored vehicles.
    Ryan Cywinski - Owner
    Northeast Auto Reflections
    Detail Spa and Mobile Wash, LLC
    www.northeastautoreflections.com

Thread Information