Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, noob to the board. What is the word on street when it comes to Liquid Glass? I started using it in 2001 when I heard about it from fellow car showers. I`ve used a lot of products, and like the LQ. But The Camaro is long gone, I`m out of college and looking to keep my car and the wifes car as protected as possible from the daily driving abuse. I`ve still been using Liquid glass ever since, waxing our cars with it about 2 times per year. I give our cars a very good washing (wheels, chassis, engine & body) about once a month. But I find it very hard to dump the time into a whole 10hr+ day of hand waxing every 6-8 weeks. So I`m looking for a long-lasting protection. FYI we live in FL, we get tons of sun exposure and rain. After spending my whole life growing up in FL, I can see the sun is hte #1 enemy of cars down here. Eats away the weather stripping, plastics, trim and fades the paint and interior. We garage our cars and park in the shade when possible. but I still can`t seem to get more than about 4-6 weeks out of liquid glass. The roof, hood and trunk last the least longest.

From what I gather, some liquid waxes have carnuba and some don`t. Liquid glass falls into the non-wax category right? I know 2yrs ago I tested the NXT (non 2.0, when it first came out) against Liquid glass on the hood of my truck. The Liquid glass outlasted it. I have not yet tried the 2.0. I did work in a parts store during college and try every wax on the shelf. Liquid glass was the best/longest lasting we carried. but that was in 2002. A lot has changed. some I`m tempting to try against Liquid glass:

-NXT 2.0

-Mothers FX

-Mothers Reflections (not sure how the 2 part system works)

-Zaino

I guess I`m trying to stay away from the carnubas b/c putting the step 2 type products on after it is a pain! My other option I`m debating to save time is use a wax-as you dry Eagle one every time I wash the car (once per month) and call it good, and clay bar 1x per year. Sorry for the long post and rant.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mother`s Reflections is a good product. It contains some cleaners, which will help the sealant to bond to a surface that has not been properly prepped. I do not know, though, whether you will get much more than 8-10 weeks from it--I have never pushed the product past two months.

I have never used it, but I`m confident that the most durable sealant you have mentioned in your list is Zaino. But you need to ask Zaino users precisely what is involved.

May I suggest that you consider Duragloss 601 Polish Bonding Agent, followed by Duragloss 105 Total Performance Polish. I suspect you will get dramatically better results than what you are presently getting from Liquid Glass, and the products are priced right.

Post Thanks / Like
    So Liquid Glass is not really liked??? How would LQ compare to Reflections and NXT 2.0?

Post Thanks / Like
    Liquid Glass is a pain to rub off. Not only that, but it enhances

every blemish, scratch and flaw in your paint.

There are many many products superior to LG.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, Yes and Yes. Ok, so I`ve been bam-boozled into thinking LG is great. Take it Reflections or Duragloss would be better?

Post Thanks / Like
    LG is a great product... I`ve been using it for a long time. Yes, it does enhance the blemishes on your paint, because it gives a very crisp, "glassy" look. If your paint is well-polished it looks like a million bucks and you can add as many layers as your little heart desires. I love the stuff though it does dust a bit. It also works excellent on rims, especially with 2 or more coats.

Funny that this thread was started because I was just applying some LG to a set of rims (Audi Q5) today thinking, "What an overlooked wax this is... shame people don`t give it more attention." Once I get my new car I think I`ll put about 5 coats of this on followed by a nice nuba... that`s gonna be sweeeeeeet.
    Wolf`s Chemicals Detailing Products

Post Thanks / Like
    If LG has cleaners, how can it be layered? Won`t the new application remove the prior one?
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have no idea if it does or not. My question is, ok put a coat of LG on, then a coat of Nuba. next month you go to put a coat of LG back on... won`t it be hell b/c of the nuba?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    If LG has cleaners, how can it be layered? Won`t the new application remove the prior one?

Once the crystal carbon is dry, it`s set so the chemical cleaners won`t affect it. I`ve never used it for its cleaning abilities, but I`m curious... how much would it really "polish"? Will test soon...

Post Thanks / Like
    Well either way I think when I`m done with this can I`m over LG. Stuff is getting harder to find locally and the price is near if not at $20 for a can. A bit out of hand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FLdude
    Well either way I think when I`m done with this can I`m over LG. Stuff is getting harder to find locally and the price is near if not at $20 for a can. A bit out of hand.

All of them are expensive and you`ll find that out once you`re up to about 100+ posts ! I`d save the last bit of LG you have for the rims... a few coats of that on rims does wonders.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you limiting yourself to only OTC products? If not, try to score a tin of M16 wax as it is easy to work with (if done right), lasts really long and looks great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCutlass
    Are you limiting yourself to only OTC products? If not, try to score a tin of M16 wax as it is easy to work with (if done right), lasts really long and looks great.

I really do love M16...but, it doesn`t fit his needs. Its one of the harder waxes to work with, sure if you get it right, its not bad, but apply it a little thick, you have a mess on your hands. If he wants to change things up, Collinite 845IW. It goes on easy, comes off easy, lasts forever, looks great, its cheap, and it plays nice with AW or OCW.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I`m liking the idea of of stepping up the clay bar to 2x`s per year and washing the car once per month and drying it with Duragloss AW every time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FLdude
    Well I`m liking the idea of of stepping up the clay bar to 2x`s per year and washing the car once per month and drying it with Duragloss AW every time.

You may find helpful this short piece at the MOL forum: Your Daily Driver: A Simple Wash & Wax Regimen. Substitute your preferred products.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information