Post Thanks / Like
    What products would you guys recommend for never been looked after wheel wells with grime, dirt, and rubber built up on them? Also what would be best to remove old sticky tire shine gel and caked on dirt.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Meguiar Super Degreaser 10:1 for tires and wheel wells. Seems work fine.
    Learning~! :buffing:

Post Thanks / Like
    Eagle 1 a2z wheel cleaner is great for wheels and amazing for tires. A citrus based degreaser is also a good choice. A good fender-well brush & dressing will also do wonders to get them looking new.

Post Thanks / Like
    Best rubber/tire cleaning stuff I`ve ever used is Griot`s Rubber Prep. Expensive little bottle, but it works miracles for me and doesn`t do any damage (to rubber, you`re supposed to keep it away from auto glass). But I`d reserve this for jobs where you really need safe-yet-aggressive cleaing.

Remember to let your products dwell in the wheelwells. I like using a steamer for this, though I`ve used a pressure washer when there was a whole lotta thick stuff to cut through.

Post Thanks / Like
    Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner (Tires)

and some elbow grease.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MBenz
    Eagle 1 a2z wheel cleaner is great for wheels and amazing for tires. A citrus based degreaser is also a good choice. A good fender-well brush & dressing will also do wonders to get them looking new.

Ill second this, I love using the a2z on alloy wheels, nothing I`ve found has worked better

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/4641/info.html"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/4641/info.html" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>
    NO! I won`t do your car next.

Post Thanks / Like
    I second both the Megs APC and Eagle A2Z. A2Z in great to clean tires. I use APC 4:1 for wheel wells. I just bought APC a few months ago - I have to say, I honestly don`t know how I ever got along without it. An incredibly effective product.

If you don`t have it, you need it. Go (online) to Auto Detailing Solutions. You can get a gallon of APC and two spray bottles labeled specifically for Megs APC. You`ll want to make it one mix at 4:1 and one at 10:1. That should tackle 99% of your cleaning needs.

Post Thanks / Like
    mesg APC 4:1 and 10:1 depending on the amount of grime.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve tried just about every tire cleaning product known to man and the best I`ve found so far is this one:

Tire Cleaner

This stuff takes off crud and brownness most other cleaners won`t come close to touching and the price is great. 20 bucks for a gallon, diluted 1:1 makes 2 gallons for 20 bucks.

It works so well on rubber, I use it rarely on my tires now, but grab it whenever I come across extremely neglected tires.

It`s a real winner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnZ3MC
    I`ve tried just about every tire cleaning product known to man and the best I`ve found so far is this one:

Tire Cleaner

This stuff takes off crud and brownness most other cleaners won`t come close to touching and the price is great. 20 bucks for a gallon, diluted 1:1 makes 2 gallons for 20 bucks.

It works so well on rubber, I use it rarely on my tires now, but grab it whenever I come across extremely neglected tires.

It`s a real winner.

+1 :werd:

I`ve been using this for over 3 years, I couldn`t imagine not having it. VERY effective product, it won`t damage wheels if it happens to get on them either. Use on both tires and wheel wells.

Post Thanks / Like
    nice. always good to know about new stuff that works for people.

I also heard that Wesley`s Bleach White works great on tires.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wesley`s Bleach White is what I`ve been using for tires and I think it works great. I don`t have years of experience or dozens of products tested, but I don`t see how anything else could do much better. I do need to find a good brush that will fit nicely into the wheel wells though if anyone has any suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to be very careful of what I use on my tired because of my bare billet lips on my rims, so I usually just use diluted Chemical Guys Wheel Gel. It works very well for me and doesn`t cause any issue with my wheels. For the wells, I usually hit them with a diluted degreaser and than Chemical Guys Bare Bones. I love that stuff. Just spray it on and walk away, a few minutes later you have an even coating that makes the wheel wells and gas tank cover look brand new.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    2003 Ford SVT Cobra # 4635
    585 RWHP on pump fuel! Brought to you by Matt Hill Motorsports!

Post Thanks / Like
    I like Extreme Simple Green (not the green stuff) or Meguiars APC, I have also had good luck with Green Earth Technologies Wheel Cleaner
    Formerly carn00bie

Thread Information