Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope it doesn`t get discontinued. I hate it when mfg`s pull the plug on something and give no notices. The people that really like the product then have to scramble to find leftover stock.

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely fantastic product. I used it this last weekend for the first time. The ease of use/application is amazing. I thought Opti-Seal was easy to use, but UPGP is much easier. I would get some smearing with OS, but didn`t get any with UPGP. Truly a WOWA product.

And the looks are fantastic too. Even better than my beloved OS.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like UPGP. I am using it exclusively on my wife`s glacier blue Honda CR-V. I use it on the paintwork, trim, and cladding. The car looks excellent. I do not know if it would look better dressed in another protectant, but I am not inclined to try anything else. It`s a large vehicle, and UPGP is just so very easy to apply. I`m not trying to win a car show. I just want it to look good and be well protected with with the least amount of effort, and UPGP fits the bill perfectly.

I have not tried UPGP on my black S2000 and probably never will. I`m still in the mode of trying out different carnaubas. I`m also very happy with the way my car looks in Blackfire Wet Diamond. It will probably be years before I go through my bottle ... and decades before I go through my tins of wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by akimel
    Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.

LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    I just really started using Ultima on my newly purchased 04 Silver Sequoia. Put a coat of EZ Creme glaze and 3 coats of UPGP and bling bling bling. Love the product, it will hold its own against any wax or sealant in the looks dept and frankly that combo of EZ/UPGP is probobly the best I`ve seen on silver.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaning Fool
    I just really started using Ultima on my newly purchased 04 Silver Sequoia. Put a coat of EZ Creme glaze and 3 coats of UPGP and bling bling bling. Love the product, it will hold its own against any wax or sealant in the looks dept and frankly that combo of EZ/UPGP is probobly the best I`ve seen on silver.

Good to know. I will have to try UPGP on my Silver Lotus. :up

Post Thanks / Like
    As noted several times on the forum, UPGP and Danase Wet Glaze is a terrific combo as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody
    When Ultima came out it was an exclusive product-now there are about 5 different products that use the polycharger technology. And that the product has a reported history of U nidentified F loating O bjects`s in the bottles and crystalizing has probably played a role in it falling out of favor. I`ve read several posts where people had multiple bottles with the UFO`s.
    What does it matter if 5 other products use the polycharger additive? That means nothing. You can buy polycharger yourself and mix something up. Does that mean you got some PGP now? Absolutely not. I have no clue why you even mentioned them sharing a common chemical.

Can you please link me to one of these posts where UPGP contained "UFO"s? Ive had 2 bottles of Optiseal come shipped to me with little crystallized polymers but have yet to receive a bottle of UPGP like that nor have I read of any cases about it. BUT I have read of more than a few cases of this happening to people with optiseal though.

BTW, to the OP, what new product did Dave come out with? As for as I know theres still only 2 other major products out there that perform the same way as UPGP (Clearseal and Optiseal). BTW, I have 2 bottles manufactured in 2009 so I dont know where youre getting that all of them are from 2008. Some distribute (ie:Autogeek) may have had old stocks from 2008 but that doesnt mean theyre not manufacturing it currently.

Post Thanks / Like
    ^ Yep, my bottle of Opti-seal has some tiny "UFO`s" in it (only a couple, and very small).

Post Thanks / Like
    My little 4 ounce bottle will still last me a couple years since i use so little to do my car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by superchargedg
    My little 4 ounce bottle will still last me a couple years since i use so little to do my car.

Exactly. That means that you are using it correctly, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsoto87

BTW, to the OP, what new product did Dave come out with? .

Its the HD range isn`t it ? getting back to the more traditional style sealant :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsoto87
    What does it matter if 5 other products use the polycharger additive? That means nothing. You can buy polycharger yourself and mix something up. Does that mean you got some PGP now? Absolutely not. I have no clue why you even mentioned them sharing a common chemical.

Can you please link me to one of these posts where UPGP contained "UFO"s? Ive had 2 bottles of Optiseal come shipped to me with little crystallized polymers but have yet to receive a bottle of UPGP like that nor have I read of any cases about it. BUT I have read of more than a few cases of this happening to people with optiseal though.

BTW, to the OP, what new product did Dave come out with? As for as I know theres still only 2 other major products out there that perform the same way as UPGP (Clearseal and Optiseal). BTW, I have 2 bottles manufactured in 2009 so I dont know where youre getting that all of them are from 2008. Some distribute (ie:Autogeek) may have had old stocks from 2008 but that doesnt mean theyre not manufacturing it currently.

Their is a couple of more sealants who are WOWA. For example, ultra minute wax from A1 and the Fusso coat mirror shine from Soft 99. And if I remember right; both of these where released before OS, CS and PGP :hm

The chemist from A1 or Dr. O.K. Wack Chemie GMBH are involved with a couple of products from Blackfire and the P21S wheel cleaner - so they are not stupid.

Soft 99 then? A large company from Japan who are manufacturing a lot of cool stuffs like the G´zox glass coat and etc.

A1 ultra minute wax: A1 Ultra Minute Wax - Dr. O.K. Wack Chemie GmbH Online Shop

Soft 99 Fusso coat mirror shine: SOFT99 - Fusso Coat Mirror Shine

Post Thanks / Like
    I was referring to products sold here in the US.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by superchargedg

yep, I`ve lost count of how many coats I`ve gotten out of my `sample` size bottle. I`m working on the winter prep for my cars with 3 coats each and then maybe something else to top it off (zymol creame or Image10 finish cream) and I already did the 3 or maybe even more coats in the spring on each car with it.

I was just thinking this morning that the cars are looking really good with their 2nd coat and it was nice that I found the product through here.

If I could take a decent picture I`d post one.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information