Thread: Revisiting Z10

Post Thanks / Like
    I opened up my bottle of Z10 against for the first time in a while last night and I was motivated to post again about how much I love this product.

First off, the look. From what I hear Z10 is more on the matte side of finishes. With out any serious buffing, I always found that Z10 added a bit of gloss to the leather and definitely deepened the color of the vinyl. On the few times that I did buff after applying, I still could not completely rid the leather of the extra sheen - though it was minimal. Generally speaking, I am content with the looks of Z10 but it is the smell that throws me over the edge.

Next, the smell. They don`t call this "leather in a bottle" for no reason. Go to your nearest high end department store - enter the woman`s section - and head to the leather boots/purse section. Z10 smells almost (if not completely) identical to the high end leather you find at the high end department store. (This is probably why my mom enjoyed the scent so much! :lol ) I`ve sampled a number of other leather conditioners but NONE compare to the heavenly scent this product creates.

Finally, the feel. As with just about ever leather conditioner I`ve tried, Z10 adds a bit of slickness to the leather. This can be problematic depending on the type and condition of your leather. My old BMW came with a very course, dry, matte leather. It felt unique as most manufacturers go for that soft and supple leather approach. Z10 did not aid my leather in retaining its uniqueness. The Z10 would add a slicker feeling to the leather. The lesson here: If you have that type of leather, and enjoy that feel, I`d recommend steering clear of leather conditioners for as long as possible. I`m sure someone else will chine in on this part, but I found a simple cleaning with woolite/water or Megs APC (interior delution) kept the dry feel of the leather going longer. Sadly, over time the dry feeling of my leather went away (just the usual ware and tare) and using Z10 no longer had a significant effect on the leather`s feel. Not to mention, it smelled like high holy heaven.

Conclusion:

The product is a bit pricey and I wouldn`t recommend it for pro use on economic details. But for a hobbyist or those high end details, its fantastic. Unless you are attempting to retain the factory "dry" feel of the leather, this product will add low sheen and will smell absolutely fantastic on your leather.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice review of Z10. I have a bottle and have used it a few times. I like the smell but it is borderline too strong IMO. It slowly lessens and after a bit your interior has a nice leathery smell.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well Danforz, I read your commentary and ordered a bottle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaning Fool
    Well Danforz, I read your commentary and ordered a bottle.

Be wary, the smell is addictive. The headache you get from constantly sniffing the bottle is not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Z10 is just amazing, I look forward to using it every time!

Post Thanks / Like
    z10 is great stuff, but i have too keep the windows open bc the smell is a bit too strong 4me.

As far as keeping that factory dry feel of leather, I personally feel that this can only last for about 1 year more or less. After that, the sun & use make it necessary to moisturize the leather.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t tried z10 since I got soured on Zaino, but if you want NO gloss, 1Z leather care or Optimum leather protectant are nice choices.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    And if you want more gloss spike the Z10 with Z16.

Thread Information