Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried searching, but because of all the damn acronym usage on this website I haven`t been able to find much information on this product. I tried spelling it out, and then I even tried PB WWS, and all I got were a lot of waffle weave results...:hairpull

Rant aside, is this stuff as good as the reviews on DI say it is? I only ask because a) it`s onsale and b) NOTHING gets dirtier quicker than the wheels on my motorcycle and I`m tired of using harsh chemicals to clean them.

Link to the sale:

Poorboy`s World Wheel Sealant - 8 oz | Detailed Image

Post Thanks / Like
    I use it and I think it`s a solid product for wheels. First you need to clean and polish your wheels, then I usually apply a few coats of PBs WS. It seems to hold up well and makes the wheels easier to keep clean.

Don`t get too caught up in the hype though, it`s not a miracle product. It works, but you`ll still need to wash your wheels to keep them clean. Some would argue you can just use a good high quality sealant with as good results.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like this product and it works well for my needs. If its on sale I would buy it, also a little goes a long way. I use it on a BMW 335 and I have put a few coats on the wheels and it cuts down on the dust.

Since I`m using the sealant I just wash the wheels with soap, water and soft brush. Not harsh chemicals. However the dirt/dust does not just wash away.

In addition this product added a noticeably shinny finish on my wheels. They look wet and have got a few compliments after I have put a fresh coat of sealant on them.

Post Thanks / Like
    haven`t tried it. i just use fk1000p or upgp (also tried os) on my wheels seems to clean up easier. i wash my wheels regularly and don`t usually need more than onr to clean up the wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    WASH Rims as normal. Right before you apply your wheel sealant give them a IPA wipedown. This really helps your sealant to work.
    MDRX8

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wascallyrabbit
    i just use fk1000p or upgp (also tried os) on my wheels seems to clean up easier.

Same here: 3x1000P to start and maintain with UPGP. Brake dust just slides off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Let me show you guys what I`m working with here. You guys with 4 wheels have it easy, as you have nothing obstructing your surface:

I have to deal with chains, sprockets, swing arms, and brake discs

But seriously, see this nastiness that builds up? The wheels are a really nice slightly metal flaked purple when this brown dust isn`t caked all over them. I`m not looking to elimated the dust build up completely, but I basically don`t want to have to agitate the hell out of them each time I clean them. I`m just about to clean them for today`s ride, so I`ll try to snap an after shot as to what they look like clean. If you think the sealant will still help, I would totally be willing to do it.

Edit: for the other bikers out there, I know the Dunlop K630s suck, but they came on the bike and have a ton of tread life left, so I`m dealing with it for now

Post Thanks / Like
    I would go with 1000P it is going to be more durable than PB, bc of higher flash off point, and will make the flake pop in the wheels.

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think PB`s Wheel Sealant works well.

If you don`t want to rub in a sealant, maybe a spray wax after each wash might help. It wouldn`t last as long, but it would be quicker.

Even quicker might be those new "spray and walk away" sealants that are available from a few vendors. Haven`t tried any of them, though, so I can`t say how well they`d last.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve never understood how this "Wheel Sealant" is any different than any other sealant product. Whatever you use on the paint, use on the wheels.
    2003 Chevrolet Corvette

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

2003 Jeep Liberty Sport

Post Thanks / Like
    Only thing I could think of is that a wheel sealant may not have the optical clarity and glow that a paint sealant would need, thus it could be formulated to be more robust.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by agpatel
    Only thing I could think of is that a wheel sealant may not have the optical clarity and glow that a paint sealant would need, thus it could be formulated to be more robust.

Good point, but with many of the quality sealants giving a few months protection on the paint surface, is a separate product really needed? I understand the wheels see some of the worst contamination, but using a traditional sealant has always worked just as well for me.
    2003 Chevrolet Corvette

2002 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

2003 Jeep Liberty Sport

Post Thanks / Like
    Not saying that it is needed as I use 1000P on my wheels also, but just looking at it from a different side that it does not have the same design criteria as a paint sealant would have.

Post Thanks / Like
    Could never understand the point of wheel sealants. Just use a sealant or wax that you already use. If the wheel sealant is so good why not use it on the whole car? Than it would just be a sealant. More marketing BS IMO. I tried Wheel Wax once. Besides being a PITA to remove it didn`t do anything I don`t already get out of Megs #20 and Collinite Insulator Wax which are my go to products on wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    I gave this stuff a shot this weekend. What blew me away was how good of a cleaner this stuff is. It literally melts baked on brake dust and tar. I`m not sure how well it could layer being such a strong cleaner. I compared it with DG501 and KAIO and neither cleaned as well. I`m doing a comparision test with EO Keep wheel Kleen, we`ll see how it stacks up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information