Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wookie`s Fist

Post Thanks / Like
    I was just browsing the "What`s new" section at Autogeek, and I saw that they now sell Dodo`s wash mitt, aka the "Wookie`s Fist".

Sheepskin wash mitt, Supernatural Wash Mitt, The Wookie mitt, wool wash mitt

It looks like a good product, and the picture of it sitting on top of the standard sheepskin mitt is pretty compelling. But at $40 each, and assuming a decent wash process requires two or more mitts, it seems prohibitively expensive for what it is.

But I did notice that it`s currently on backorder and it hasn`t been out that long. Are people really buying this product, that fast, at that price? Are they really that good?

Does anyone have one, and care to comment?

Post Thanks / Like
    40 bucks plus shipping?! Where`s the vasoline......my grout sponge was less than 2 dollars and works great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea they were pretty limited. I remember reading on another forum where someone said it was TOO big and a little prohibitive when trying to clean.

Looks cool though.

Ill stick with my grout sponges also

Post Thanks / Like
    Ouch - $40? No thanks. I`ll stick with my Grout Sponge too.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    Dodo is pretty proud of all their items, it seems.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a review on them....

We sold out in one weekend of our stock but we have another shipment headed out way.

Wookie Fist is one big mofo - Auto Geek Online Auto Detailing Forum

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m probably in the camp that says that these things are TOO big. I haven`t tried them, so I can`t say for sure, but I know that I strongly prefer mitts with a lot of maneuverability and ability to get into tight areas without too much pressure.

The Pinnacle MF mitts are awesome for this, I think, so I`ll stick with those. The Wookie Fist looks interesting, but at $40, I don`t think I`ll be trying them anytime soon.

I only brought it up because I was surprised that they sold out that fast at that price.

I`ll keep an eye out for more reviews. I`m particularly interested to hear how these things maneuver around grills, spoilers, mirrors, roof racks, and other non-flat surfaces. I`m also curious to see how all that wool holds up after 20 or 30 washes. At that price, and since I only work on my own two cars, I would hope that I would have a mitt for life if I purchased this.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was surprised we sold out that fast too! If I had known they were going to go so fast I would have ordered more! I have a feeling since so many are out traveling through UPS right now we should be seeing some reviews soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly how many are we talking about? In that first round sell-out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pin the tail on the Wookie :cooleek:

Post Thanks / Like
    WHat`s the longevity on these things? $40 for a wash medium is boardering on the insane. However if it last longer and sheds out the debris cleanly then I can see the advantages. Normal washmitts are only going to hold up to abuse for so long. THe weekender might get a long life span out of a gently used washmitt. I was lucky to get a decent week out of mine when my shop was running full tilt. Good thing your average washmit was $5 or less so it wasn`t a huge expense. Are there garuntee`s to the craftsmanship on this product? will it really last and perform that much better than what`s already out there or is it just adding a name to a product and jacking up the price? (which can account for some of it I`m sure but we all need to know regardless of name... Does it work better?)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakerooni
    WHat`s the longevity on these things? $40 for a wash medium is boardering on the insane. However if it last longer and sheds out the debris cleanly then I can see the advantages. Normal washmitts are only going to hold up to abuse for so long. THe weekender might get a long life span out of a gently used washmitt. I was lucky to get a decent week out of mine when my shop was running full tilt. Good thing your average washmit was $5 or less so it wasn`t a huge expense. Are there garuntee`s to the craftsmanship on this product? will it really last and perform that much better than what`s already out there or is it just adding a name to a product and jacking up the price? (which can account for some of it I`m sure but we all need to know regardless of name... Does it work better?)

I agree, but I do believe that the wash stage is the most important, most often performed and most often overlooked process that their is in detailing. I know their are wash mitts out their that cost $2-5 that will perform the way they should.

I just got my "wookies fist" and have yet to use it but the construction feels/looks flawless. I`ve had tons of wash mitts from Meguiars and other OTC companies, also grout sponges and have to say that nothing has come close to the construction of this mitt (grout sponges are pretty straight forward in construction).
    Boyce Auto Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike Phillips posted that he was going to test these out. I wonder what his conclusions were. Mike - what`s your thoughts?
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    ouch, that`s pricey.

Hope they`re worth it. Please post reviews

Post Thanks / Like
    Ouch.

"The Wookie Mitt is four times as thick as a standard sheepskin wash mitt!"

So, four times the price! There`s the rationale...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information