Post Thanks / Like
    Which product do you guys use to clean you Navigation screen?

Post Thanks / Like
    FK425 with a Eurow shag towel. megs clear plastic detailer works pretty well too, though i haven`t used it in a while...

Post Thanks / Like
    Clearkote Quik Shine!

Post Thanks / Like
    1Z Cockpit
    Will

Post Thanks / Like
    since it is LCD use ionized water (thats wat they put in the lcd cleaning kits) since destiled water has nothing in it ie minerals etc. thats what you should use, with microfiber, gently not a lot, so it does not get inside. Even though I am extremely new to detailing I am not new to screens (LCD, Plasma) so I know what I am talking about. So obviously this will work with laptops also.

What GPS do you have?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by noob86
    since it is LCD use ionized water (thats wat they put in the lcd cleaning kits) since destiled water has nothing in it ie minerals etc. thats what you should use, with microfiber, gently not a lot, so it does not get inside. Even though I am extremely new to detailing I am not new to screens (LCD, Plasma) so I know what I am talking about. So obviously this will work with laptops also.

What GPS do you have?
    Agreed. I use softened water and a MF towel.
    Brad Will- Owner

Reflections Auto Salon LLC

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3
    FK425 with a Eurow shag towel. megs clear plastic detailer works pretty well too, though i haven`t used it in a while...

Yup, me too. Sometimes a damp ONR MF when I`m cleaning the interior, but keeping a small squirt bottle of 425 in the glove box with a couple Eurow MF`s comes in handy for cleaning the NAV screen and interior windows between general interior cleanings. I`ve been thinking of switching the squirt bottle over to ONR at QD diultion so I can use it as a general purpose interior cleaner when the kids have their food accidents in my car. I don`t like to use 425 on the dash and other interior parts... too shiny.

OK, that was a long-winded way of saying either ONR or 425 with a Eurow shag MF make great NAV screen cleaners. After the nav screen has been cleaned with 425, it seems to resist finger prints (mine is a touch screen) better than after it`s been cleaned with ONR.
    Sage advice from Greg Nichols: "Hey, Supe? When you`re trying to get the air bubble out of your syringe of Opti-Coat, don`t point it at your face, mmmkay?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GS4_Fiend
    Which product do you guys use to clean you Navigation screen?

Until now, lens cleaners have been for the most part, simply silicone, alcohol or glycerin based products. Instead of removing the embedded pollution from the pores and surface of a lens, they coated it, thereby defeating the original intention.

ROR has redefined the science of lens care by utilizing a formula of natural ingredients that finally removes the counterproductive, ineradicable microscopic oil residues from the surface and pores of glass and plastic.

ROR – The difference is clear.

:doh

Post Thanks / Like
    why not just use a lightly damp microfiber followed by a dry one? Using light pressure of course...it has always worked for me and you don`t need to spend any money on extra products

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by noob86

What GPS do you have?

OEM Lexus Navigation. I was planning to get the Diamondite LCD Cleaner. But I want to see people`s experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AGAuto
    why not just use a lightly damp microfiber followed by a dry one? Using light pressure of course...it has always worked for me and you don`t need to spend any money on extra products

I thought of that already. But it`s just water doesn`t give good protection. Products to clean LCD that has alcohol would make it dry. Products that have oil is bad would attract dust. Which product would give good protection like UV protection and fingerprints?

Post Thanks / Like
    One word - Plexus

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperBee364
    Yup, me too. Sometimes a damp ONR MF when I`m cleaning the interior, but keeping a small squirt bottle of 425 in the glove box with a couple Eurow MF`s comes in handy for cleaning the NAV screen and interior windows between general interior cleanings. I`ve been thinking of switching the squirt bottle over to ONR at QD diultion so I can use it as a general purpose interior cleaner when the kids have their food accidents in my car. I don`t like to use 425 on the dash and other interior parts... too shiny.

OK, that was a long-winded way of saying either ONR or 425 with a Eurow shag MF make great NAV screen cleaners. After the nav screen has been cleaned with 425, it seems to resist finger prints (mine is a touch screen) better than after it`s been cleaned with ONR.

yeah, when touching any scratch sensitive areas - the eurow shag towel works really well and i feel safer using these than ordinary microfiber towels...

Thread Information