Post Thanks / Like
    Disclaimer... I don`t use any of their stuff.

But anyhow. I don`t understand how a company such as this does what they are. such as offering a seemingly non user error type product......Turtlewax Ice... That seems like a really good option for people who just want to keep their car shiny but are not obsessed.... seems Ok.

But at t the same time there is Turtlewax Rubbing Compound and Turtlewax Polish, still on the market.

This is what I have a LOT of people ask me.. I used rubbing compound why do I have all these scratches. And the business that I was using for bike detailing referrals at first had that and the polishing compound in their wash bay. I told them that was just stupid and not to refer me any bikes that ever self washed there. I didn`t want so be cleaning up that ****.

I like to detail bikes, but didn`t want to be fixing up scratches from a 4 buck can of WalMart polish.

If the Ice thing goes over well they need to get rid of the rubbing and polishing compound. Or formulate a middle ground. Right now there is none.

NTGirl

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm not sure what you are really getting at... I have used the Turtlewax Ice interior stuff and have found it seems to work the best on the various materials in my cars, I have used others and found some incompatibilities. But I will admit I am "obsessed" with the up keep of my cars, but for any polishing I look elsewhere....there are a number of options, its all in what you like and suits your needs... simple as that.

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess what you`re getting at, is that Turtle Wax should focus solely on their wash and wax products and quit making any abrasive polish. The company has been around a long time. I know it is frustrating to see damaged paintwork from product misuse. But that problem is not exclusive to Turtle Wax. They do their part. They sell the products for what they are. The rubbing compound is clearly advertised as a heavy duty oxidation remover for severely weathered paint. If a person chooses to use that product on paint that is in good condition, they are responsible for what they have done. As far as making a more complete line of polish (Compound-Finish/jewelling). I don`t think they need to. Wal-mart and most other stores also stock Meguiars products (Incl. ultimate compound, clay, and Scratch X) often side-by-side. I understand your perspective of the contrast between Ice and rubbing compound. But every product has its use. I can`t see a benefit to Turtle wax by removing a popular rubbing compound from its line, or by adding more polish.

Thread Information