Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Costco MF?

Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody ever bought these and had good luck with them? They look just like CG Monsters and seem very soft and plush. Not too much nap so it looks they will be good buffing towels. Thanks.

They also came with an orange wash mitt that is very soft but doesnt have enough strands it seems like.

Post Thanks / Like
    haven`t tried the new ones, just the older bright yellows, which for me pass the "CD" test.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the yellow Costco ones and they`re great. Haven`t had any problems with them. Just take car of them properly and they`ll last.

Post Thanks / Like
    Aren`t the brand of those ZWipes? Or something like that, on line they have like 54 MFs for 30 bucks I think

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t have a problem with the Costco yellows–except they do give off a very fine lint–more like a dust, even after repeated washes. However, I`ve found the same to be true of fairly more expensive towels too. I would say the Costco yellows get an unwarranted bad reputation.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to be honest. I bought them 3 or 4 months ago and just

used one yesterday. I didn`t like it. It was a little too hard for me to buff the car

with one. I still have them sitting on the shelf where they will most likely

stay till they rot.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want to clear space on your shelf, i`ll pay shipping.

Post Thanks / Like
    The yellow MFs from Costco left major lint on my glass. On a sunny day it looked like glitter. It was very hard to get off.

I thought they might be okay after washing. I was wrong. More "glitter". No mas.
    09 Infiniti G37 Journey with Premium Pkg - Lakeshore Slate

08 Infiniti FX35 w/ Sport & Premium Pkgs - Beryllium

Post Thanks / Like
    The yellow Costco towels from a while back are from Eurow O`Reilly Corp. Not sure exactly what they are now. They have been pretty good so far.

Thx.

See ya. :wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    if i`m not mistaken, you are talking about the three thick microfiber towels with the muppet head wash mitt IIRC. in anycase... as far as general microfiber towels, the yellow ones lint too much IME, and the sams club (proforce) are much better (softer and a tad plusher)...

Post Thanks / Like
    Just offering my two cents on the bright yellow MFs from Costco.

They`re great for everything except glass, they`re absolute rubbish on glass as they leave lint which is hard to get off even with another quality MF. I`ve finally succeeded in removing all traces from both my cars, but it was a headache. No matter how many times you wash these MFs, they continue to leave the lint on glass.

I`m not into OTC products, especially after these Cotsco MFs, but some glass-specific MFs I picked up from Autozone seem to do a good job.

I`ll leave the Costco MFs for other uses on the car, I have 30 of them after all.
    2007 Silver Mercedes-Benz ML350

2006 Ebony Jaguar X-Type Sport

Post Thanks / Like
    Yellow Costco MF`s are perfect for door jambs, interiors, engine wipe downs, but I don`t use them on paint.

John

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine still do it after a few years of washes

Quote Originally Posted by Up To Eleven
    The yellow MFs from Costco left major lint on my glass. On a sunny day it looked like glitter. It was very hard to get off.

I thought they might be okay after washing. I was wrong. More "glitter". No mas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnKleven
    Yellow Costco MF`s are perfect for door jambs, interiors, engine wipe downs, but I don`t use them on paint.

John

Exactly right.

We just bought a new package of these from Costco. They sure are soft when brand new, but they don`t stay that way after a few washes.

They are made by Eurow, and say "Detailers Preference" or something like that on the package.

The price is certainly right, as long as you don`t have unreasonable expectations of what they can be used for. We use them for cleaning around the house, and, as you say, door jambs, wheels, and interior.

Post Thanks / Like
    i`ve had linting issues with the yellow microfiber towels (they stopped carrying the ones from eurow a long time ago, unless they recently started carrying them again) from costco and will never buy them again...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information