Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everyone, i just had some trouble removing some of my swirls on my car. i used meguiars swirl remover and didnt really do the job...so my question is what other product should i use to get the job done, and the most economical place to purchase them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats because Swirl remover doesn`t remove many swirls. You probably need a more aggressive polish.

Are you using a machine polisher?

Post Thanks / Like
    are you refering to swirl X? i believe meguiars scratch-X 2.0 is the next step up in agressiveness when it comes to OTC products. id use a terry applicator.. make sure you use a flat hand, and not your finger tips, or youll do more harm than good... work the product long enough. if your leaving behind more little scratches than there were before your not working the product long enough to break down fully. you need to use a little pressure too. and most importantly make sure your working on clean paint, and using clean applicators, and towels to remove the residue. you can purchase all the above at an autpoarts store.. i like vikings terry applicators for correction by hand... they sell 6 packs of them at autozone for i think 4 bucks, thatd be where id go.. btw, doing this by hand will take lots of time, patience and elbow grease, when i polished by hand i had to have some music or someone to talk to, or it just feels like its taking FOREVER. hope it helps, and welcome to autopia!

Post Thanks / Like
    yes i did use a machine polisher and i think it was swirl X...i just used the product that was in my friends shop laying around..thsnk you very much jdizzle for the advice and i will give it a try again next week...and btw what would be better if i did it by hand or used a machine polisher?

Thread Information